Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan needs to leave Hunter ASAP and get back with Roach.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never understood why Kahn went to Hunter.

It's a similar scenario as when Hatton went to Maywatehr Sr.

It ****ed Hatton up and will do the same to Kahn.

Sure they're picking up new skills etc but you can't teach Kahn to be a defensive tactician, it's not his style or nature. Kahn needs to be taught how to be an offensive machine - basically adding more tools and tweaking his current style.

By trying to change his style he looked hesitant in his last fight because he's caught between is natural instinct/style and what Virgil's taught him.

Anyway - time will tell, u never know we may see him deploy the Philly Shell in his next fight.

Comment

Khan lacks ring smarts, defence and power

Roach isn't that great at teaching defence or how to use the ring (Check out Roach when he used to fight)

He is an offensive minded Trainer... Reason Pac and him paired so well.

Comment

Khan should leave boxing, phukk a trainer.

Comment

NO...Hunter needs to stop trying to revive the career of Average OVERRATED Fighters! He is making himself look bad and they are making him look bad because none of them listen to him besides Andre Ward, Karim Mayfield and Brandon Gonzales. But Khan, Berto, Angulo it is too late for those fighters!

Instead of fighters Blaming The Trainers...they need to look at themselves!

Comment

I think Khan thought hunter would be a miracle cure and fix everything for him. I think Roach and Hunter are both good trainers. I don't see why Khan left Roach. He did very well with Roach training him until the Garcia fight but it's Khan's choice to make. He has not looked good in the two fights he has had with Hunter as his trainer but that may not be Hunter's fault. The trainer can only do so much. I think Alexander will beat Khan by KO and Khan's days as a serious title contender will be pretty much over. I think by now Khan is a very wealthy man and can retire in style any time he wants to.If he beats Alexander then Khan is back on top and Hunter will look like a great trainer.

Comment

De la hoya went with mayweather sr mid way career seemed to work very well together

Comment

Originally posted by sugar555 View Post
                De la hoya went with mayweather sr mid way career seemed to work very well together
                Oscar was a SKILLED BOXER and a pretty smart fighter already, he also LISTENED. Most of these fighters now have HDAD or something, Trainer tell them something they go back out and still do the same stupid **** over and over

Hunter told Berto to stop doing the Shoulder Roll...his dumb a$$ goes right back out and continues to do it you can't blame the trainer for that

Comment

Originally posted by sugar555 View Post
                  The point was more about the fighter not being able to adapt, not the trainer being not good enough.

Hatton clearly couldn't adapt to what May Sr was teaching due to his own limitations. DLH was obviously a better fighter and could.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                    Hunter is overrared as ****, he has a good fighter in ward but thats mainly due to his own atrributes. Under Hunter Khan has nt learned a thing and is orobably sparring with some average bums from the bay area. At least at the WC he would get good work and his offence was great. I think roach suits his style perfectly. If he wants to be a p4p destined fighter he needs to go back to the old team, cuz its not happening under Hunter. He has basically ruined the careers of angulo, berto, dallas jr and many others just this year!
                    Yea but look at Khan vs Molina. Khan looked slick as hell. His inside fighting, counterpunching, his jab, his footwork. Khan did that little step that Floyd and Martinez does. That little calm step they do when they get out of range. But after that fight, Khan reverted back to his old style. Against Molina he was slick boxing but at the same time he was throwing combos. Against Diaz, Khan was back to his old style, mixed in with one or two shots opposed to combinations. I say he should stick it out with Virgil and train more with him. Opposed to staying so far away, because Virgil had him looking stunning against Molina, and they had only trained for 10 weeks yet all of his old manerisms were completely changed. He looked like a Mayweather type of smooth boxer.

Comment

Doesnt matter who Khan is with, dude trains hard regardless. Problem is you cant train a gym. Its really that simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X