Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley To Marquez: If No VADA or USADA - I'll Walk Away!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley To Marquez: If No VADA or USADA - I'll Walk Away!

On October 12th, WBO welterweight champion Tim Bradley is scheduled to defend his title against four division champion Juan Manuel Marquez at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas.

There has been some controversy in regards to the random drug testing that will be performed for the fight. Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum previously stated that he has contracted the Nevada State Athletic Commission to handle th testing while Bradley maintains that either USADA and/or VADA will handle the testing. Bradley shed some more light on the situation during a recent conversation he had with us on BoxingScene Radio.

"My contract says VADA USADA is going to be involved. There's nowhere that says a third party is going to be involved. I spoke to (NSAC executive director) Keith Kizer earlier this week, with Marquez and everybody on the phone, and I let him know what my concerns were. [Click Here To Read More]

I don't doubt that it was agreed upon verbally... but the man needs to check if Arum actually put it in the contract or whoever writes that up.
    Somebody really doesn't want drug testing for this fight

Comment

If Bradley can show a contract proving VADA and/or USADA were in that contract, that makes Marquez and Arum look horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        If Bradley can show a contract proving VADA and/or USADA were in that contract, that makes Marquez and Arum look horrible.
        IMO, this is an easy fix. He should have a copy of the contract he signed, at least I think that's how business is usually conducted. If he can pin point it and show verbatim that it says VADA/USADA.... then what is there to dispute?

Comment

Marquez agreed to USADA log off Bradley

Comment

I thought this was sorted out months ago; I can't see Tim re-signing with Arum once his contract is up

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              I don't doubt that it was agreed upon verbally... but the man needs to check if Arum actually put it in the contract or whoever writes that up.
              Somebody really doesn't want drug testing for this fight
              I suspect his forename may begin with M and his surname with H.

Anyhow, Tim has his health to think of so he's right to push for USADA/VADA testing. He's just been through a FOTY war with Provodnikov, he doesn't need to be stepping into the ring with a potential drug cheat to get KO'd.

Comment

If he walks away,I will a lot of respect for him. You signed a contract to fight JMM,now go fight him. Its simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  IMO, this is an easy fix. He should have a copy of the contract he signed, at least I think that's how business is usually conducted. If he can pin point it and show verbatim that it says VADA/USADA.... then what is there to dispute?
                  Tim continues to speak to his contract,he must know that this is in it..You don't throw words like Breach around if he had no idea what was in it..Unless he's a fool..

Comment

I don't see this fight happening.

Bradley said he wanted Vada, than Marquez said USADA only, than they both agreed to do both, but Marquez said only if Bradley doesn't put over 10 pounds on fight night.

Then Arum said Vada and Usada are not going to be involved but it will be NSAC doing the random drug testing.

If Marquez body looks crappy in this fight, I got Bradley winning by decision, if JMM looks fit as a fiddle and ripped and muscular like his last two fights with Pacman, I got Marquez by stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X