• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
    I got bellew in this one, let's hope he pulls it off
    Would you like odds with that, sir?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
      I do think it's definitely a winnable fight for Bellew. It's 50-50 IMO because both are not very good IMO.

Stevenson has the edge in power most definitely, but other than that he's barely superior to Bellew in most areas.

His engine isn't as good as Bellews and neither is his chin I don't think.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bellew won, I also wouldn't be surprised if Stevenson stopped him in a round though.

Comment

I'd put this down as a 50/50 fight. It's a winnable one for Bellew, and one i'm sure he preferred to Dawson (seems silly saying that though after the fashion in which Stevenson beat Dawson.)

Stevenson has the power advantage and Bellew is going to have to nulify that. Bellew has put a game plan before excitment before though, and i wouldn't be surprised to see him do that against Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I do think it's definitely a winnable fight for Bellew. It's 50-50 IMO because both are not very good IMO.

Stevenson has the edge in power most definitely, but other than that he's barely superior to Bellew in most areas.

His engine isn't as good as Bellews and neither is his chin I don't think.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bellew won, I also wouldn't be surprised if Stevenson stopped him in a round though.
          I think Stevenson probably wins 2 in 3, so I'd take, say 25mill on Bellew to my 50 on Stevenson, or vice versa.

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
          I'd put this down as a 50/50 fight. It's a winnable one for Bellew, and one i'm sure he preferred to Dawson (seems silly saying that though after the fashion in which Stevenson beat Dawson.)

Stevenson has the power advantage and Bellew is going to have to nulify that. Bellew has put a game plan before excitment before though, and i wouldn't be surprised to see him do that against Stevenson.
          I agree with you that the discipline Bellew showed in back-foot boxing against Bolonti might pay dividends against Stevenson, but the power advantage isn't as important to me as the fact that both men are most likely able to KO the other.

Comment

Originally posted by witter87 View Post
            Bellew will get put to sleep if not he will get a nasty beating until the fight gets stopped.
            Bellew is as tough as old boots. I don't see this being as one-sided as you suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
              Stevenson was stopped a few years ago by a guy who had FIFTEEN defeats at the time. He recently avenged the defeat, this time the guy had TWENTY defeats when they fought. To his credit, Stevenson won.

Since that, he's had 7/8 fights which have mainly ended in quick KOs/TKOs, and to me he's not been into the championship rounds with a decent fighter.

Sure he timed Dawson and took him out, but I'm not convinced. The power is a given, but there's lingering doubt on this guy whether he's the goods or not.

On the other hand, Bellew is OK but he's flawed in his style. If he's reckless against that kind of power then Stevenson may well take him out. Stevenson is a big, strong light-heavy. I can't say the same for Bellew.

Bellew did OK against Cleverly (another unproven ''Champion''). I just hope he comes with the right conditioning and tactics because his last fight didn't impress me.

Comment

Did you guys read the article? Stevenson gets a voluntary first....most likely against Cloud. Both those guys are limited as fuk but can punch. Wouldn't be entirely shocked if Cloud won that

Comment

bellew fought chilemba twice and won on the cards but it was probably split or a case could be made that he lost both fights, the guy sucks, stevenson will smoke him.

Comment

Personally I do not think Stevenson even makes it past Cloud. Cloud is tough and he will be punching back. Stevenson is going to lose.
                    Last edited by deanrw; 07-24-2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Did you guys read the article? Stevenson gets a voluntary first....most likely against Cloud. Both those guys are limited as fuk but can punch. Wouldn't be entirely shocked if Cloud won that
                      yet both are far more talented and accomplished than jeff lacy. that was a great win for calzaghe though... lol. shows you how terrible that division was and how overrated calzaghe was.

Comment

Working...
                      X