Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Hatton vs Mayweather.. Hatton did pretty well compared to others....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd had his way with Ricky, all the while laughing the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      Hatton fought a rough dirty fight but it was effective for awhile. Things took a turn when he started walking in face first. He tried the same face first tactic with Pacquiao and was put to sleep. I don't understand how someone of Hatton's level as a professional boxer could party as much as he did, train for a few months and expect to remain a top prize fighter.
      Hatton moves forward, Mayweather pot shots and holds, Cortez breaks. Repeat 100x

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        Hatton did alright. Cortez was garbage in this fight for not letting them fight on the inside.
        You mean not letting him hold someone for 12 rounds like it's the UFC?

Comment

Originally posted by Em1 View Post
          No Mayweather was the one holding and Hatton got the warnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Em1 View Post
            They were both fighting dirty on the inside so might as well just let it happen according to the flow. Cortez was in there at the hint that they might come to a clinch.

Comment

Hatton landed a handful of clean punches in that fight if you watch it closely. His fight versus Collazo showed what he had. Hatton had an incredibly padded out record and most of his fights were for the WBU! A decent but limited boxer/brawler.

Mayweather did exactly what I expect. Outbox him and take him out late. Different classes, I'm sorry to Hatton fans

Comment

Originally posted by egodfather View Post
                Hatton landed a handful of clean punches in that fight if you watch it closely. His fight versus Collazo showed what he had. Hatton had an incredibly padded out record and most of his fights were for the WBU! A decent but limited boxer/brawler.

Mayweather did exactly what I expect. Outbox him and take him out late. Different classes, I'm sorry to Hatton fans
                I agree Mayweather is a different class which is why it's so disappointing that Cortez felt the need to help him out. He should have stopped Mayweather holding or let them fight out, Cortez allowing Mayweather to hold and breaking them all the time played into Mayweathers hands. He did let them fight more later but Hatton had already taken a lot of huge shots that took their toll because of Cortez.

Comment

Hatton did okay, but Floyd was having his way towards the end and was clearly winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    I agree Mayweather is a different class which is why it's so disappointing that Cortez felt the need to help him out. He should have stopped Mayweather holding or let them fight out, Cortez allowing Mayweather to hold and breaking them all the time played into Mayweathers hands. He did let them fight more later but Hatton had already taken a lot of huge shots that took their toll because of Cortez.
                    Cortez was a major EXCUSE for Hatton. At the end of the day, Mayweather beat Hatton at his own game. You may have an argument to say Cortez was bad in spots, but to imply he was the difference in the fight is ludicrous - and that's what I've heard a lot of (Brit) fans suggest!

IF you want to see real bad refereeing in a Hatton fight, look at him hometown ref in the fight against Tszyu!

Hatton was lucky to get by Collazo. He was out on his feet in that fight. He was a decent boxer/mauler but that's it. Mayweather was Mayweather. Nothing exciting in that fight.

Comment

There were people who thought Hatton would beat Floyd

Me included

I was left speechless at the end of the fight

Hatton was hyped up by many on here, people even said Floyd was duckin him.

Hatton gave a great performance better than most who have fought Floyd, he simply has a style which Floyd could break down and poor Hatton just cudnt cope with that type of boxer.

After that fight I found respect for Floyd like never before.

Comment

Working...
                      X