Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Hatton vs Mayweather.. Hatton did pretty well compared to others....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton didn't do okay, he was getting outworked and out hustled on the inside by Floyd. By the 8th round he was pretty much target practice for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by chessmatch View Post
      I think Hatton's performance in this fight is underrated... he was a bit small for Floyd in my opinion in natural weight/frame and of course the huge reach advantage Floyd had. Floyd is of course on a different level to Hatton don't get me wrong for one second but Hatton did well and to be honest fought the best fight he could, he's a better fighter than I originally thought and his footspeed was pretty damn impressive. I thought he won the first 3 rounds and round 5.
      The point deduction in round 6 really threw him off in my opinion but from then on it was Mayweather dominance. I think this fight is interesting because it shows that Pacquiao would give Floyd huge problems with his brilliant foot speed and head movement on top of it, not to mention all his other attributes.
      The first 3 rounds for Hatton?!

Hatton won round 5 and arguably 7. He was effective in that he made Floyd uncomfortable, but he couldn't get enough clean work in. Floyd hit him flush from round 1 and just chipped away until the 4th when he hurt him and changed the fight. After the 8th you knew it was just a matter of time.

Big respect for Hatton because he kept coming and MADE Floyd knock him out. No one else Floyd has fought since has done that. They all close up shop.

Comment

Sure. If it wasnt for that darn KO, hatton might have had opportunity to lose big on cards

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
          Yes, the red mist came down after the point deduction and a general frustration at Cortez constantly breaking.

Hatton was a bit too small for Welterweight, but he must have been a nightmare to fight at 140. Strong, quick on his feet, and relentless pressure for every minute of every round.
          Hatton weighed 153 lbs Floyd was 152 on fight night , when Hatton beat KT and Castilo he weighed 152-153 , when he fought Collazo at WW Hatton weighed 160 on fightnight and said he felt sluggish and would never fight at that weight again , he didn't .

Hatton was small for a WW , so is Floyd and when they fought it was JWWs fighting for a WW title .

Hatton fighting Floyd was the same Hatton on fight night as his JWW fights it was just minus the drying out to make 140 weigh in .

Comment

Originally posted by chessmatch View Post
            I think Hatton's performance in this fight is underrated... he was a bit small for Floyd in my opinion in natural weight/frame and of course the huge reach advantage Floyd had. Floyd is of course on a different level to Hatton don't get me wrong for one second but Hatton did well and to be honest fought the best fight he could, he's a better fighter than I originally thought and his footspeed was pretty damn impressive. I thought he won the first 3 rounds and round 5.
            The point deduction in round 6 really threw him off in my opinion but from then on it was Mayweather dominance. I think this fight is interesting because it shows that Pacquiao would give Floyd huge problems with his brilliant foot speed and head movement on top of it, not to mention all his other attributes.
            That version of Hatton would have gave Pacquiao and run for his money...Hatton was never the same fighter after the lose to Floyd...In Hatton's next fight after his first loss he nearly was stopped by Juan Lazcano in the 8th round from the same left hook Floyd knocked him out with...Roach picked up on how Ricky would drop his right hand...Real Talk!!

Comment

Hatton did alright. Cortez was garbage in this fight for not letting them fight on the inside.

Comment

Cortez had nothing to do with the outcome of the fight; Hatton only landed in double digits once in the 10 rds. He wanted to wrestle the ref didn't let him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post

I hate how Cortez stopped Mayweather from beating up Hatton on the inside...
                  That video shows who was doing all the holding and Cortez blamed Hatton. I've never seen Mayweather grab and hold like that in any other fight.

Comment

He made Floyd put in more effort than usual.

The fight itself wasn't competitive at all. Hatton won a round.

Comment

Hatton fought a rough dirty fight but it was effective for awhile. Things took a turn when he started walking in face first. He tried the same face first tactic with Pacquiao and was put to sleep. I don't understand how someone of Hatton's level as a professional boxer could party as much as he did, train for a few months and expect to remain a top prize fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X