No announcement yet.

The unintentional hilarity of Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
    Me? I thought it was final definitive proof he is a piece of ****. Look at the rant about Pacquaio being a foreign fighter and taking money back. Lol.
    Floyd is ignorant of the economics surrounding it. He thinks Pacquiao fighting in the US has zero benefit to the US. He forgets that many American artists travel abroad to provide entertainment as well. Philippines, for example, has its share of foreigners (mostly Americans) providing entertainment to Filipinos and get paid for it. He also forgets it's not only Pacquiao that is "taking money" from Floyd's country. There's Celine Dione performing in Vegas, European and Chinese acrobats, Psy, and many other well-known performers and singers all over the world. They employ thousands of Americans from the ticket seller to the stage directors, caterers, costume designers, etc.

Comment

• Where was Canelo at in 1996 when Mayweather was dominating the sport, huh? Oh yea, he was about 7 years old. I can't believe that Floyd is fighting him b/c he wasn't relevant in 1996.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
        ill try..

He is agitated in the video, clearly, lol. But that does not necessarily convey fear of Pac in the sense of the word. He's saying he doesn't want to face drug cheats. As someone who has been in the ring, I can say I want to face guys that don't have unnatural speed or strength due to something illegal. Machismo is machismo, but in honorable combat, one fighter shouldn't have any unnatural advantage over another. I think Floyd was convinced Pac was a drug cheat, yes. I don't think Floyd fears Pac on principle though, he just feared Pac would have an unfair advantage.

Now, I think a lot of people juice. And I am a big fan of Pac and Floyd... But I think Pac's decline from God status post Cotto is due primarily to Floyd blowing the whistle on the ped thing and Pac cycling himself clean. Against Marq... the last time.. he was cycling clean (to get himself ready for the MW clash), and Marq was probably juicing.

Ironic.

But yeah, Floyd's agitation can often times be misconstrued as fear by those that would think unkindly of him. He is an excitable fellow.
        This isn't a bad post at all, and some decent ideas are raised.

However, a couple of things I have issues with - this theory that Pac was cycling on and off PEDs. I find it awfully convenient that people think he was on PEDs when he fought well and off them when he wasn't as good. It's like a catch-all justification for every performance. FWIW, I do think Pac was juicing. But then I think old Floydie is a juicer too.

It's fairly obvious that boxing has a PED problem but you gotta be naive in the extreme to think the biggest cash cow, who makes $30m+ a fight, who has built a brand off being undefeated, who we know has a shady character, who spent 5 years in semi-retirement in his 30s but always came back looking a million dollars, is gonna sit on his ass and watch everyone else juice and do nothing.

It's like all of Lance Armstrong's competitors who got caught doping but him. "C'mon man!" as Floyd would say. Y'all know what's up. Look up what Victor Conte says about juicing - that it's done BEFORE training camp.

Also, Floyd is more than just "excitable" and "agitated". That's a full scale xenophobic attack on Pac at the start. And this was when the Pac fight was dead in the water. This video wasn't about machismo or honour, it's about him being an insecure piece of ****. Seriously, MAB/Erik/JMM fought 10 times between them and don't have a single bad word to say about Pac but this guy who never did blows up at the mention of his name?

That's some b1tch ****.

Comment

Last time that video was posted, some Floyd fans actually thought he came across well in that.

Me? I thought it was final definitive proof he is a piece of ****. Look at the rant about Pacquaio being a foreign fighter and taking money back. Lol.

So what is Canelo going to be doing?

What is the Amir Khan presented itself at Wembley for a truckload of money? Would Floyd not go over because he's a foreign fighter who would be taking money back? Of course he still would because we all know he's a serial liar and hypocrite.

That ain't the "Money Mayweather" persona ranting - that's Floyd, the real Floyd, ranting. Bitter, twisted, insecure, stupid, obnoxious.

BTW, all that stuff about asking Pac for a little blood was AFTER Manny said he would agree to all testing. So yet more lies.

I'm looking forward to him retiring cos quite frankly, he creates a toxic atmosphere within the sport. He's the worst possible person to be the face of boxing, seeing as most fans despise him, and all he sees in us are suckers he can fleece money out of.

Make your money and **** off.
          Wow, that's pretty much exactly how I feel about Floyd.

Comment

This isn't a bad post at all, and some decent ideas are raised.

However, a couple of things I have issues with - this theory that Pac was cycling on and off PEDs. I find it awfully convenient that people think he was on PEDs when he fought well and off them when he wasn't as good. It's like a catch-all justification for every performance. FWIW, I do think Pac was juicing. But then I think old Floydie is a juicer too.

It's fairly obvious that boxing has a PED problem but you gotta be naive in the extreme to think the biggest cash cow, who makes $30m+ a fight, who has built a brand off being undefeated, who we know has a shady character, who spent 5 years in semi-retirement in his 30s but always came back looking a million dollars, is gonna sit on his ass and watch everyone else juice and do nothing.

It's like all of Lance Armstrong's competitors who got caught doping but him. "C'mon man!" as Floyd would say. Y'all know what's up. Look up what Victor Conte says about juicing - that it's done BEFORE training camp.

Also, Floyd is more than just "excitable" and "agitated". That's a full scale xenophobic attack on Pac at the start. And this was when the Pac fight was dead in the water. This video wasn't about machismo or honour, it's about him being an insecure piece of ****. Seriously, MAB/Erik/JMM fought 10 times between them and don't have a single bad word to say about Pac but this guy who never did blows up at the mention of his name?

That's some b1tch ****.
            Good post. Couldn't be Garcia's dad. Had to be the mom.

Comment

• All fighters get what they deserve-in the ring. Pac and Margarito are prime examples of this. They got what they deserved. Bey found out the other night that he got what he deserved. When you cheat the sport, you get what you deserve. I don't totally mean cheat in a sense that you use PED's.

The reason nobody can take any of you serious in this thread is because #1 it's an old video, and that deep down you know that Floyd spoke the truth. But somehow you have anally retentivated Floyd's thoughts and created your own calling card.

I created a new word lmao!

44-0. Keep up the good vent.

Comment

• Both Pac and Morales tested in fight 1. Pac loses. I just don't get how all of these athletes here and abroad are getting caught with PED's, and that Pac should not have become suspect at all. #Laughable

Comment

• Watch a replay of the 4th fight between Marquez and Pac, and the Margarito versus Shane and Cotto II replays. There is a reason why you've all been ejected from boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    deep down you know that Floyd spoke the truth.
                    Sure did. He's petrified of the Filipino bogeyman. We get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      oh man they're mad

13 pages of Ebonics, should have went easier on them bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X