No announcement yet.

Canelo is tremendous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chessmatch View Post
    People over exaggerate the stamina issue, like I said the open scoring led to him not making any unecessary risks so people interpreted it as him running out of gas in the later rounds.... plus the red face and body he gets due to his complexion might make him look more gassed than he is.
    It is exaggerated, but I guess we will have to see how his stamina is on Sept. 14th. Open scoring spoiled the fight for me, no more of that.... Trout looked like a beaten man by the 9th round.

Comment

People over exaggerate the stamina issue, like I said the open scoring led to him not making any unecessary risks so people interpreted it as him running out of gas in the later rounds.... plus the red face and body he gets due to his complexion might make him look more gassed than he is.
      Forget when he was gassed. What did he do prior to that? Cut down the ring? Pressure? Body shots? Jabs? Combinations? Guy, nothing happened in that fight except for that sneaky straight right.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        What is that rating your on about ? I don't see anybody say he is an ATG , all I hear is that he is a elite class unbeaten fighter that at 22 holds two titles , you saying being over rated really just means you don't like him isn't that right .
        He's not elite at all. He's also 23 and who cares that he holds 2 belts? Based on his wins, the way he's looked and how he fights, he is nothing special. His hype comes from him being popular. Take away the popularity factor and he would be just some decent guy at 154. If there is such a thing as a "hype job" canelo is a prime example

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
          canelo is a beast.. but he probably cant beat mayweather.. I used to hate mayweather but he is unbeatable at his point.. hes a defensive fighter with power.. so hard to get in on..
          Are you talking about Canelo here? Mayweather doesn't have power - he aint featherfisted but he certainly doesn't have big power, especially not enough to put any 154lbers in trouble. If he manages to KO Canelo, he either sucker punches him as in Ortiz, or the catchweight really hit Canelo. Remember Floyd's last legit KO was 6 years ago.

I don't mean to sound like a hater, he's a defensive genius and I can't see how Canelo wins this at all. He's (Floyd) just not a powerful puncher

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            What is that rating your on about ? I don't see anybody say he is an ATG , all I hear is that he is a elite class unbeaten fighter that at 22 holds two titles , you saying being over rated really just means you don't like him isn't that right .
            In order for Canelo to be elite he has to beat elite fighters. He has not.

Comment

Guerrero is a C+ fighter at most. How the hell can you say something so ****ing dumb, Canelo has the second best hit to not getting hit ratio in the sport.

Guerrero is a much more proven fighter than Canelo, Guerrero may be better than Canelo actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Stopped reading right there. When did Guerrero ever move his head and slip punches like Canelo did against Trout. Get the F outta here with that nonsense.

And the reason Canelo didn't lose to Trout is because Trout didn't land ****. The entire fight basically comprised of Canelo slipping and dodging punches like he was Pernel Whitaker's born out of wedlock son, when Sweat Pea knocked up a white Mexican woman during his vacation stay in Cancun.
                Chill, Trout is the black Carl Froch, anybody can slip those slow punches, and Canelo was still getting tagged. I had the fight a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                  Forget when he was gassed. What did he do prior to that? Cut down the ring? Pressure? Body shots? Jabs? Combinations? Guy, nothing happened in that fight except for that sneaky straight right.
                  Made Trout look like an idiot. Made him miss like an idiot. Made him look like a newborn deer when he got him with that straight right. Ok he didn't steamroll Trout who whooped Cotto (the guy who gave Mayweather his toughest fight), big deal. He intimidated the heck out of Trout and made him do the stanky leg despite him never being down before in his career, that's impressive enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                    Correction. He is a 3-time TITLE HOLDER, not world champion. He was not THE champion in any of those divisions. Two of those titles were Interim belts and remained interim until he vacated. Big difference.

No, it's actually opposite. He was a C+ fighter. At best B. The showtime promotion machine tried their best to make him into a super opponent even though he is the equivalent of a Henry Bruseles.

He can beat him by first showing some defense like he did against Trout and not getting caught with every punch Floyd throws. And then go from there. It's been a long time since Floyd made things happen in the ring. He always just reacts to what his overanxious opponents try to do and counters them.

Perhaps just staying in the middle of the ring, daring Floyd to come at him should be the game plan. If Floyd doesn't come forward, then the fight will be in the middle of the ring with a lot of posturing and that's where Canelo can bend his knees and start ducking and dodging punches the same way he did with Trout.
                    I needed that laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Are you talking about Canelo here? Mayweather doesn't have power - he aint featherfisted but he certainly doesn't have big power, especially not enough to put any 154lbers in trouble. If he manages to KO Canelo, he either sucker punches him as in Ortiz, or the catchweight really hit Canelo. Remember Floyd's last legit KO was 6 years ago.

I don't mean to sound like a hater, he's a defensive genius and I can't see how Canelo wins this at all. He's (Floyd) just not a powerful puncher
                      I think to say Floyd has no power is a lazy analyzation. Floyd rarely presses the action, but you can clearly see the kid has something behind those punches. He had Guerrero on the way out in the 8th round, took his foot off the gas. He had Cotto on the way out in the 12th round, he took his foot off the gas, as well as Cotto holding on too em. He had Mosley ready to go in round 9, he just seems to be uninterested in going that extra mile and stopping a guy. But the kid can punch, I've seen better punchers, but that doesn't take away from what Floyd clearly displays.

Comment

Working...
                      X