Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo is tremendous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's very good thats for sure. this stamina issue thing is being blown WAY out of proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Stopped reading right there. When did Guerrero ever move his head and slip punches like Canelo did against Trout. Get the F outta here with that nonsense.

And the reason Canelo didn't lose to Trout is because Trout didn't land ****. The entire fight basically comprised of Canelo slipping and dodging punches like he was Pernel Whitaker's born out of wedlock son, when Sweat Pea knocked up a white Mexican woman during his vacation stay in Cancun.
      He had no gameplan against Floyd, I agree he looked bad. He's a very skilled fighter in my opinion, and his skills get overlooked because of his lopsided loss to Mayweather. But the dude can box/fight, just watch his next fight... He's underrated I'm tellin you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
        Guerrero is 3 time world champion.
        Correction. He is a 3-time TITLE HOLDER, not world champion. He was not THE champion in any of those divisions. Two of those titles were Interim belts and remained interim until he vacated. Big difference.

He is very underrated in my opinion. Mayweather just made him look like a "C+ fighter".

No, it's actually opposite. He was a C+ fighter. At best B. The showtime promotion machine tried their best to make him into a super opponent even though he is the equivalent of a Henry Bruseles.

Canelo has fought one good opponent in Trout. I'm giving him credit for that, he showed better boxing skills but his lack of stamina also showed. He is no perfect fighter. I think we both know that Mayweather will whoop him, and I'm not even a mayweather fan.

How do you think Canelo will beat him? Canelo is great, a future star (if not one already) and he will continue to improve. He will not beat Floyd, however.
        He can beat him by first showing some defense like he did against Trout and not getting caught with every punch Floyd throws. And then go from there. It's been a long time since Floyd made things happen in the ring. He always just reacts to what his overanxious opponents try to do and counters them.

Perhaps just staying in the middle of the ring, daring Floyd to come at him should be the game plan. If Floyd doesn't come forward, then the fight will be in the middle of the ring with a lot of posturing and that's where Canelo can bend his knees and start ducking and dodging punches the same way he did with Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Canelo elite? Lmao! That's the the overrating is talking about.

Elite...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Depends on what elite means to you and to me , its like being over rated , its only an opinion , there is no official rating just official opinions .

To me elite is a dominate champion , a champion that fights his whole career within top class can win multible titles and defend them .

In boxing you have prelim class , championship class , elite class , and then you have great fighters , they all pass through the system some really fast some never get passed first base .

Based on my grading system Canelo is an eilte class fighter .

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Hardly, it was a pretty close competitive fight.
            No it was not. It was open scoring and Canelo was comfortable with his win and had urgency to turn up the heat.
            Trout was discouraged and knew he couldnt do anything to get to Canelo so he just did what he had to do to not get caught and put out the fight.
            Boring fight really and not even close to competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by chessmatch View Post
              From the first time I saw this dude I knew he was something special his combos are so textbook and accurate, he has power speed and tenacity. Another awesome thing he does is he never takes his eye of what his opponent is doing, even when he's throwing those combos he's looking at his opponent to see if he's going to throw. I think he has a great chance to beat mayweather, the body shots will be the key for him.
              How many combos against Trout? Throwing combos at a punching bag always look nice. Canelo is a 1 punch fighter. His combos are too slowwwwwwwwwww!

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Textbook and accurate combos vs opponents he knew wouldn't punch back or hurt him. Yup...

Where were the textbook combos vs Trout?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Strong location to post content

Comment

I think we can agree, that Trout is no Mayweather. Believe me, I'm no fan of his, but Mayweather is more skilled then trout. He neutralizes his opponents best attributes. Trout looked a bit scared in the Canelo fight (my opinion), he threw a lot of weak punches.... (Mostly jabs) and let Canelo stalk him the entire fight. It will be interesting for me to see how he attacks Mayweather, remember floyd fights good off the ropes with his upper body movement rolling with punches. I hope to see Mayweather exchange with Canelo because I do think he's a pretty accurate puncher and has pop... It will be an interesting fight. I want Canelo to win, but don't know if he can do it.

Lets hope for an entertaining fight

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                    Guerrero is 3 time world champion. He is very underrated in my opinion. Mayweather just made him look like a "C+ fighter". Canelo has fought one good opponent in Trout. I'm giving him credit for that, he showed better boxing skills but his lack of stamina also showed. He is no perfect fighter. I think we both know that Mayweather will whoop him, and I'm not even a mayweather fan.

How do you think Canelo will beat him? Canelo is great, a future star (if not one already) and he will continue to improve. He will not beat Floyd, however.
                    People over exaggerate the stamina issue, like I said the open scoring led to him not making any unecessary risks so people interpreted it as him running out of gas in the later rounds.... plus the red face and body he gets due to his complexion might make him look more gassed than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by chessmatch View Post
                      lol you talk so much crap, he cuts of the ring well, and he's not flat footed. And the Trout win was awesome, Trout was highly rated and beat Cotto who gave Mayweather one of the toughest fights of his career, Mayweather even said Cotto was his hardest opponent... and yes I know triangle theories blah blah... but I'm just making a point that the Trout win was better then people give him credit for. Plus the open scoring meant he didn't take as many risks as he would have if there wasn't any open scoring. To see a guy play with a dude who whooped Cotto like this shows some skill

And I can't find the other gif where he toys with him.
                      All he did was slip a bunch of lazy jabs right there. That was really nothing special. Cotto has no right hand so Trout was a tough matchup for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X