Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Roy jones cosidered a modern legend when hes been roided up all his life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Roy jones cosidered a modern legend when hes been roided up all his life?

Not only has he cheated asnd been exposed as a drugs cheat. But its extremely dangerous to be fighting when you know you have a distinct adavantage due to enhanced training, cardio and conditioning due to steroids.

Has he been remeoved from the Hall of fame?

i guess vitali is a drug cheat as well being caught in the olympics for steriods

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
      i guess vitali is a drug cheat as well being caught in the olympics for steriods
      Olympics vs Pro

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
        Not only has he cheated asnd been exposed as a drugs cheat. But its extremely dangerous to be fighting when you know you have a distinct adavantage due to enhanced training, cardio and conditioning due to steroids.

Has he been remeoved from the Hall of fame?
        I've always heard rumors bout Jones but is there any concrete evidence? Did he ever admit to using?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          I've always heard rumors bout Jones but is there any concrete evidence? Did he ever admit to using?

I believe he got for using a supplement which was legal at the time called Ripped fuel, it was legal before they placed an ingredient it contained on the banned list. He tested positive in his fight against Richard Hall who coincidentally failed a drug test for the same substance/supplement and Hall had like 5 times the amount Roy did in his system so nothing was really made of it.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
            A. Vitali was never 'in' the Olympics he never went to them. So your argument is void.
            B. vitali was given roids by his to help with a hand injury not to enhance performance.
            C. Roy even though he is an ATG, he did cheat in the pro games. Vitali never was under roids in any of his fights.

So in conclusion you are butthurt that Roy is a cheat and vitali used them to recover from the injury. haters gonna hate.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
              A. Vitali was never 'in' the Olympics he never went to them. So your argument is void.
              B. vitali was given roids by his to help with a hand injury not to enhance performance.
              C. Roy even though he is an ATG, he did cheat in the pro games. Vitali never was under roids in any of his fights.

So in conclusion you are butthurt that Roy is a cheat and vitali used them to recover from the injury. haters gonna hate.
              It doesn't matter when or where, pro or amateur. The outcome is the same. You're a cheat.

However, looking at the two situations, everyone knows that they weren't using sterioids. Just because a substance is made illegal it doesn't mean it actually had an effect on performances. To call Jones a cheat is a joke. the situation was clearly explained at the time and it made sense.

Comment

If boxing is anything like other sports that have lax or non-existent drug testing - and there is little reason to think it isn't - then steroids and other performance enhancing drugs are endemic in the sport and probably have been since at least the 80s.

Comment

You could say the same for just about every top boxer today. How do you know they're all clean? Because they test negative? RJJ has been the most spectacular fighter since the Duran, SRR, Hagler, Hearns group. And Pacquiao since RJJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
                    Olympics vs Pro
                    so it's ok to cheat in the olympics?

Comment

Working...
                    X