Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
    the only reason I watched rigo's last fight was because of donaire,otherwise I wouldn't watch it..there are certain fighters I just don't care about,there are some that I just have to get home on time and plan around that fight,but these guys no,and I really think about 90% of people feel the same
    Thats because you dont care about boxing you just get excited about seeing guys you like with their shirts off fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
      Rigo schooled Donaire and is paying for it. Shame! Why does Arum sign Cuban fighters if he isnt going to put the work in to promote them? Miami has a large Cuban fan base. Why not try to land a HBO card here where he can headline? Everytime I go to a boxing event here and some 2-0 Cuban guy gets announced, you cn tell quickly that the crowd is majority Cuban. They do support their fighters.

as per HBO like many others, underestimated Rigo. Plain and simple. he ruined there plans. I'm still laughing at all that money I made that night! Lol. "11 fights doesnt earn you a shot at the great Donaire". Lmao.
      lol thats funny a lot of people were saying that and how donaire was going to knock him out easy because his prior opponent landed 1 good punch that buzzed him a little. What a joke people that claim they know the outcomes of these fights are such morons.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        People don't get it...you cannot blame Arum for this in anyway shape or form..Networks wants fights that put people in front of their tv's and as much as we all like Rigo he's just not an exciting fighter. Is he an artisan at the game of boxing? Yes but that does not translate into casual fans..HBO and Showtime both are not catering to the going 12 rounds of boxing unless it's two sluggers doing it. I said this in the Maidana thread, Slugfest gets people watching and talking and this is a business. They held Donaire vs Rigo at the smallest venue of all in nyc (with the exception of the beacon theatre.) because tens of thousands of people are not going to pay to see Rigo no matter how dominant he is for 12 rounds..if you aren't knocking folks out you aren't pulling in ratings..Mayweather is an anomally simply because people are hoping each fight is the one he loses and the day he loses if he loses I bet you he will have to become offensive minded or risk losing huge purses as well.
        well donaire was in the fight to so doesnt he take some of the blame of it not selling and being in a small theater? Did they only allow rigo fans and tell donaires to stay home or what? And who the hell wants to pay to see a guy who just got his butt kicked and embarrassed. If thats the case just put people on who have been knocked out in every fight since people want a slug fext ko right?

Comment

• Originally posted by kidjalapeno View Post
          Sad how much talent rigo has and the love and credit he gets in return. The "experts". Like fatass Dan Rafael are all up on Floyd's nuts after the guerrero fight then they call rigo's donaire performance boring.. come on he schooled battered donaire a p4p fighter .. bob arum greedy old man should just led him out to showtime/goldenboy to fight Santa Cruz marez ponce Gonzalez ..
          donaire rigo was 1000x better then floyd gurrero snooze fest and that cost 70 bucks it was the most boring fight ever all floyd did was run and all guerrero did was follow him

Comment

• Originally posted by southpaw2884 View Post
            that's messed up rigo shook up the apple cart and now he is black labled. what was different between rigo vs donaire and mayweather vs guerrero style wise??
            Its not about styles its marketing and paying customers boxing is a business , Rigo has no personality to market with Floyd he had to create the bad boy that everybody hated image to sell himself , great boxing alone wont do it in todays arena , to make it big today you got to sell , you got to make the general public love you or hate you , being in the middle makes a wall flower no matter how slick you are .

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
              donaire rigo was 1000x better then floyd gurrero snooze fest and that cost 70 bucks it was the most boring fight ever all floyd did was run and all guerrero did was follow him
              Jeeezus your a miserable crybaby , you need to get a life .

Comment

• I could care less about Donaire or Rigo, I just care about exciting fights. That being said, Cuban fighters are usually boring, they grow up learning Olympic style boxing which is, pretty much universally considered boring. I don't just hate on Cubans though, ANYONE who is feather fisted and has under a 10% K.O. ratio is potentially a "pure boxer". There is something for everyone in this world, some people like watching pillow fights (with skill of course) and some like seeing train wrecks, I prefer something in the middle, where the boxer atleasts takes chances to get a KO, otherwise Bobby fisher and Kasporov may interest you.

Comment

• So you put on the performance of your career not against a good contender but against a top PFP fighter and you get rewarded by getting the door slammed in your face. This really reminds me a lot of the BULLSHT Bicycle that Cassamayor got from the Cuban government for representing his country in the Olympics and winning Gold. With this kind of crap, how the hell does a fighter stay motivated? What for? A Door slam? A Bicycle? I feel for guys who get a kick in the A$$ for doing something great.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                    It's probably not even so much about his boring style of fighting. It's probably because of his reclusive personality. HBO crew does interviews before the fight so they can get to know the fighters and present stories to the viewers. He's probably not cooperating and dislikes opening up. I don't know. But he clearly has a dry personality outside of the ring.

The Cuban needs to lighten up and put a smile on his depressing personality.
                    Let's face it. People pay to get entertained. If they're not entertained, money will not come in and business will flop. Fans will end up watching nothing.

Comment

• Petition HBO. 20 signatures?

Comment

Working...
                      X