No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downy_tax View Post
    he will be exposed just like his brother Walter come the 14th..
    Walter Matthysse was a different case. He ko pretty much everyone in Argentina. And he was thrown to the lions. The punisher back then was a beast. Walter was doing great but he wasn't used to fight so many rounds because no one could deal with his power. And after that ko he was never the same. Lucas has better defense but i agree that his chin hasn't been proved yet since he never faced a hard puncher.

Comment

Lamont Peterson always get rocked and knocked down early in his fights this isn't new.
      He had been down three times in his entire career and never KOed, so you use of "always" is a tad misplaced to say the least.
      He got back up every time he was knocked down and I think Steve Smoger was too quick with waving the fight off as Lamont was still getting up to his feet.
      It has to be the first time anyone accuses Smoger of stopping a fight too quick!
      He sent him to the canvas, and put him down again literally 3 seconds later. But I guess he should have beaten the corpse on the floor to make the likes of you happy.
      If you knew anything about boxing you'd know Smoger's one of the most blood thirsty referee's and that if he stopped the fight it was becuase he saw it in his eyes that Peterson had nothing left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
        Walter Matthysse was a different case. He ko pretty much everyone in Argentina. And he was thrown to the lions. The punisher back then was a beast. Walter was doing great but he wasn't used to fight so many rounds because no one could deal with his power. And after that ko he was never the same. Lucas has better defense but i agree that his chin hasn't been proved yet since he never faced a hard puncher.
        That's all I've been trying to illustrate to everyone on the Matthyse band wagon his chin have not been thoroughly tested. He has looked shaky a couple times in the Alexander fight, and his brother who was projected as bigger beast than him (his brother campaigned at a higher weight) he was essentially exposed once his chin got touched enough.

Matthyse most of his K.O wins are in Argentina as well.. Lucas I do not believe have better defense, he has been lucky because he isn't fighting bigger brawlers like his brother was. They have the same fighting style all the way to how they approach things, so I believe he will be exposed soon enough and Garcia I believe is the smarter fighter and as long as his mentality is on the task he will succeed much easier than expected.

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
        He had been down three times in his entire career and never KOed, so you use of "always" is a tad misplaced to say the least.

It has to be the first time anyone accuses Smoger of stopping a fight too quick!
        He sent him to the canvas, and put him down again literally 3 seconds later. But I guess he should have beaten the corpse on the floor to make the likes of you happy.
        If you knew anything about boxing you'd know Smoger's one of the most blood thirsty referee's and that if he stopped the fight it was becuase he saw it in his eyes that Peterson had nothing left.
        Smoger did stop the fight too quick, I think Smoger do not like knockdowns but people getting pummeled in the corner (where that is when the ref should stop the fight). Peterson still showed the will to fight.. him picking himself up off the campus shows he had more left to prove.

Also I like how you ignore the education I just gave you on how Matthyse been rocked by Devon Alexander and been outboxed twice.

Danny Garcia also did more damage to Zab Judah who was supremely motivated due to pre-fight antics.

Comment

• Downy, what strategy do you expect Garcia to use?

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Downy, what strategy do you expect Garcia to use?
            I expect him to not be wide with his punches, use his eyes and pick off Matthyse punches with his gloves.. I notice he parry punches well with his blocking, something he couldn't do well when he fought Khan but improved greatly in his last two fights where he K.Oed Erik and cut open Judah eye and knocked him down. He also stumbled Judah several times early from parrying and countering off his momentum. I see him doing that to Matthyse..

He just need to use his eyes and brain.. Matthyse is calm in the beginning of his fights but then as the round goes on he subsequently start lung and get sloppy, Garcia needs to wait for those moments.

Comment

I expect him to not be wide with his punches, use his eyes and pick off Matthyse punches with his gloves.. I notice he parry punches well with his blocking, something he couldn't do well when he fought Khan but improved greatly in his last two fights where he K.Oed Erik and cut open Judah eye and knocked him down. He also stumbled Judah several times early from parrying and countering off his momentum. I see him doing that to Matthyse..

He just need to use his eyes and brain.. Matthyse is calm in the beginning of his fights but then as the round goes on he subsequently start lung and get sloppy, Garcia needs to wait for those moments.
              Agreed. I think that if/when Garcia gets hurt, he needs to clinch and not retreat. The worst thing to do is give Matts momentum, and by moving back, Garcia will be giving up his strength. LM will come out guns blazing, so I'm really not sure if this fight is gonna last long. As I re-watch their fights, I don't see how this will end in any other way than a KO. Garcia might have to fight fire with fire in the beginning to get LM's respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised at all if Danny get a desicion or KO Lucas. I'm a big fan of Lucas, but let's face it, he is not Maidana. Chino has been in wars with hard punchers but Lucas hasn't yet. To me, this is a 50 / 50 fight. Matthysse is stronger but he is not as accurate puncher as Danny. We still don't know if he can walk through his punches.This is an even fight, a test for both, a great matchup.
                Finally some objective thought amidst the nuthuggery and groupies.

Comment

• Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
                  The same uppercut from Zab that shook Danny, Matthysse took it square in the jaw and laughed.
                  I'm feeling pretty much the same as before the Peterson fight, when all the same clowns said Lamont the champ would school Matthysse.
                  Lucas had mercy on Peterson in that last KO when Smoger allowed him to continue. There wont be none of that here. Lucas wants to put that scumbag Danny in a bodybag and there's nothing to stop him now that the fight is on.
                  Your boy is getting killed the 14th, its just a fact, the sooner you come to terms with that the better. There's no Khan glass jaw for him to at least try to win by landing his ******ed hook. Garcia is as much of a rightful champ as Chavez Jr was when Maravilla exposed him.

Man you've fallen for the hype, all y'all feminine groupies are gonna cry. This reminds me of the Khan fight where almost everyone wrote Garcia off. You and Matthysse's number 1 groupie .:: JSFD26 ::. are gonna have their world cumble down when their boyfriend does the harlem shake like Khan did.
                  Last edited by chessmatch; 07-20-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chessmatch View Post

Man you've fallen for the hype, all y'all feminine groupies are gonna cry. This reminds me of the Khan fight where almost everyone wrote Garcia off. You and Matthysse's number 1 groupie .:: JSFD26 ::. are gonna have their world cumble down when their boyfriend does the harlem shake like Khan did.
                    Matthysse will destroy Garcia

Comment

• 114-112 Garcia. Its close but Zabs done.

Comment

Working...
                      X