Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the most one punch power? Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    I actually think Lewis, although Mike was a way better combination puncher,, a brutal buzzsaw.

for one and done punches i'd say lewis
    Agreed. But Lewis was around 240 in his prime, Tyson was 210-215. Of course Lewis punches harder. I believe Max Kellerman made a nice comparison once.

Comment

No no no no guys, lewis had power but mike is definitely the more powerful puncher, punch for punch and combination punching, both in their prime.

Comment

I'd back Lewis and Foreman to be stronger then Mike yeah, but one punch KO would be Mike. Some say that Lewis' punching power was a tad overrated.

Comment

Tyson, no contest.

Comment

The hardest Lennox shot is harder than the hardest Tyson shot but Tyson always threw at full power which is why he gassed quickly and Lewis would mix up his power and speed.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              From the time he fought Holyfield at age 41 he had only 3 stoppages in 10 fights, 2 of them being TKOs the other was that lucky punch against Moorer who had a notoriously poor chin. Nearly all the others were palookas, real "ham an' eggers". He racked up as many as 6-7 fights a year against as poor a bunch of opponents as they could scrape up ( a "bottom of the barrel" kind of scrape-up). Opponents like those would never have been excused but for the fact that he was old and had been retired for so many years and was fighting because a "voice" told him to, so that he could collect money to build a church..... etc.etc. A great story but .poor boxing.
              A recent interview with Shannon "The Asthma Cannon" Briggs had him say that he wasn't impressed with Vitali, Lewis was the best boxer he'd faced, but that Foreman's power was incomparable, streets ahead.

Comment

I would say Tyson

Comment

Lewis had the stronger right hand, and Tyson had the stronger left.

Comment

Neither had power like Foreman or Shavers. Tyson was fierce and he came with a barrage. He just mows you down! The first Foreman knocks you into orbit. Check Frazier.

Comment

The most devastating puncher I've ever seen is the prime Foreman.

Comment

Working...
                      X