Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the most one punch power? Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who had the most one punch power? Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis?

Lets say if both of them had a competition back in the day to hit a punching bag the absolute hardest they could, which of them do you think would have the more devastating punch?
    Tyson
    64.63%
    Lennox
    35.37%

I wouldn't be surprised if they were at least the same, but I still think the torque Mike could get and aiming on a bag would surpass a lot of big punchers for psi.

Comment

Prime mike when he still used bob n weaving...

lewis is a better fighter and his power lasted longer because he was bigger..

Mike was based on speed and explosiveness

George Foreman Hits HArder than both though.... Even in his 40's

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Prime mike when he still used bob n weaving...

lewis is a better fighter and his power lasted longer because he was bigger..

Mike was based on speed and explosiveness

George Foreman Hits HArder than both though.... Even in his 40's
        From the time he fought Holyfield at age 41 he had only 3 stoppages in 10 fights, 2 of them being TKOs the other was that lucky punch against Moorer who had a notoriously poor chin. Nearly all the others were palookas, real "ham an' eggers". He racked up as many as 6-7 fights a year against as poor a bunch of opponents as they could scrape up ( a "bottom of the barrel" kind of scrape-up). Opponents like those would never have been excused but for the fact that he was old and had been retired for so many years and was fighting because a "voice" told him to, so that he could collect money to build a church..... etc.etc. A great story but .poor boxing.

Comment

If they both land their hardest shot, maybe Lewis. But Tyson's speed and combinations made him more dangerous.

Comment

I actually think Lewis, although Mike was a way better combination puncher,, a brutal buzzsaw.

for one and done punches i'd say lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              I actually think Lewis, although Mike was a way better combination puncher,, a brutal buzzsaw.

for one and done punches i'd say lewis
              This.

I think LL probably had the single punch advantage but whereas LL would of hit you with one punch at 100%, Tyson would of hit you with 3 or 4 punches at 80% (of LL single punch power).

Based on the question I give it to Lennox.

Comment

Apples and oranges, man.

Comment

Joe Louis had the best one punch power. Mike Tyson was more about superfast combos.

Comment

Probably Lewis. But both could leave you a dribbling mess.

Originally posted by BrokenHat
                    Joe Louis had the best one punch power. Mike Tyson was more about superfast combos.
                    Joe Louis was just as focused on combination punching. Perhaps even more.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X