Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley's Trainer Like The Sound of Miguel Cotto Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would be a very bad style match up for Timothy Bradley. For one he is too small for Cotto and secondly he cannot hit. On the other hand, while Miguel may very well be on the decline; Unlike the slow-footed JMM, he still has more than enough footwork and firepower (especially to the body) to make up for it, by shortening the distance against the fleet-footed Bradley, while wearing him down in the process.

Comment

Tim Bradley is this era's Winky Wright. A very good fighter, capable of beating a great fighter or two, that thinks there's much more demand to see him fight than there really is. His career is plagued by bouts of inactivity while he's waiting out a fight that he thinks measures up to who he thinks he is. Personally, I think he's catching JMM at the perfect time and this will be his Tito fight, in keeping with the Winky comparison. But even if he wins, his trackrecord shows he won't take advantage of the opportunity waiting for the perfect offer to come around.

Comment

People hating on poor Tim yet he keeps raking in the cash and the wins. Alexander, Witter, Peterson, Holt, Casamayor, Vazquez, Abregu, Pac, Provid, JMM, Cotto...............that's a P4P resume right there

Comment

Bradley brings no constant pressure to bother Cotto, nor does he have height/reach to keep him at bay.. relatively ok fight for Miguel as he has tamed fast paced boxer/fighters many times.

I haven't been impressed with Bradley's resume, a tad bit overrated around these boards as if he's some monster.

Comment

If Tim wants to trade with Cotto like he did with Provodnikov, he'll be staring at the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              People hating on poor Tim yet he keeps raking in the cash and the wins. Alexander, Witter, Peterson, Holt, Casamayor, Vazquez, Abregu, Pac, Provid, JMM, Cotto...............that's a P4P resume right there

Loll cmon...witter the quitter? Holt is an average ESPN fighter at best, Casamayor?? SHOT, he didn't beat PAC that's for sure, Prov?? He's C+ at best and went life and death.

Abregu+Vazquez are decent fighters but lack p4p credentials.

Alexander and Peterson I definitely give him credit and props for but still comes short on the cusp of the p4p ranks... He's almost there I just think he needs a signature name like JMM to fully get there and to me that's a 50/50 my only fear is I just hope the fight doesn't disappoint stylistically.

Comment

Good way for Cotto to get back on top and retire!

Comment

A Page From Mayweather's Book; Bradley BETTING That Cotto Is Shot

Bradley would get KO'd cold by Cotto. Cotto still has enough in the tank to stop Bradley who has beaten nobody since getting Pacquaio's title handed to him in a FIX. Pacquiao nearly swept every round, and Provodnikov destroyed Bradley from start to finish. Now he may get some lame decision over JMM, because JMM doesn't move forward, and counter punches, and Bradley won't fight unless to save his own life. That makes for a boring fight. Cotto would stop Bradley, PERIOD. Ask Bradley if he wants to man up and go fight Gennady??????

Comment

it would be pretty hilarious if tim beats jmm and cotto

Comment

It's already set up by BOB ARUM, Bradley vs Marquez (Bradley wins UD)...then Pacman vs Rios (Pacman by KO)...Bradley vs Pacman II (PACMAN by UD )
                      PACMAN vs FLOYD>>>>2014

Comment

Working...
                      X