Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones is talking to Dana White about fighting in MMA!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wowo,

dana is taking boxing to the cleaners lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
      Saw a similar thread on sherdog. All those ******s over there are so excited for this fight? Why? How could you be? It's a farce.
      Its Sherdog. Makes NSB look like a forum full of members of mensa!

Comment

I thought silva wanted to have a boxing fight with Roy??? Smh what a coward! Doesn't want it jones but he fights bums at 205. And when will a MMA guy get in the ring and fight a boxing champion???? Cowards all of them. Keep on fighting for chump change.
        Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 07-05-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

He needs a soft touch for his first fight in the octagon. I say old vet James Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
            Saw a similar thread on sherdog. All those ******s over there are so excited for this fight? Why? How could you be? It's a farce.

they are probably idiots.

many MMA "fans" are complete tools. it's not a knowledgable fanbase.

Comment

Just retire completely Roy

Roy is 44yrs. old. He's been shot for the better part of 10 yrs. The only question is this,....DOES HE EVEN HAVE A BREATH OF WHAT HE USED TO BE. Because this is all it would take to take out Silva. That is assuming it is a boxing rules match. If it is MMA,....Roy will get pulverized.

Roy is one of the boxers of the last 20 years that would have done well in UFC if he WAS IN HIS PRIME!!

Roy had one shot power,..was crazy and explosively fast with either hand. His footwork was deceptive and maneuverable enough to avoid the takedown.

Other fighters who may have done well in UFC(WITH MMA rules!!!):
              1)Manny Pacquiao. For some of the same reasons as Roy
              2)Arturo Gatti. Great power,..pretty fast(especially compared to MMA guys)
              3)Kostya Tzu. Power, power, power. And fast.
              4)Floyd Mayweather,...he might surprise you with his ability to defeat an mma guy.
              5)Shane Mosley. Power, Speed, could start fast.
              6)Mike Tyson. He may have been the most successful of the lot.

Essentially the type of boxer that would do good in MMA must possess the following:
              1)Power. One or two shot power. Too at least severely buckle.
              2)Very accurate.
              3)Ability to start quickly and not "feel out" and time like in a strategic boxing match.
              4)Footwork to avoid a takedown. Not all my fighters listed had this one.
              5)Tough and gritty. Killer instinct.

Comment

Kinda makes boxing look bad when these old past prime boxers with a name start MMA and not do so good.

I wish him the best though.

Comment

I wonder if this is going to happen.

Roy needs money, but I wonder if Dana would really offer Jones more money than he would make if Silva-Jones was picked up by HBO as a boxing event?

It would draw huge interest, I can see each guy making well over a million each from HBO. UFC would generate a lot of money doing it as a PPV, but White pays the fighters way less, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Sherdog is filled with beer bellied red necks that are probably jerking off to this.

Comment

Jones shouldn't be boxing let alone attempting a new combat sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X