Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo To Mayweather: I'm Not Cotto, Ortiz or Guerrero!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A combination of what Malinaggi did to Broner on the outside and what Cotto did against Floyd of the inside and Canelo wins this fight

Also Segura vs Calderon

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
        I see what you're point is but I don't think Mosley landing a good punch means Mayweather has vulnerabilities. Vulnerabilities to me means you exposed someone by doing it constantly not one time. To me Canelo's biggest weakness in fighting Mayweather is the level of competition he has fought prior to Mayweather. His resume flat out sucks and I think people get caught up in what Canelo does but don't pay attention to whom he's doing it against.
        You know what's funny..it's a variation of the same setup Marquez used on Pacquaio to knock him out and Mosley had success with it and I do mean made Floyd dance twice success with it but ran out of gas Judah too had success with it but didn't stick with it. Canelo made Trout do a drunk dance with what I consider half a punch, if he can land clean using feints it could be trouble. I only care about resumes when a fight is being considered once the contract is signed resumes are a mute point. I've been a fan of the sport nearly 3 decades i've seen enough upsets to never count a properly motivated underdog out.
        Last edited by turnedup; 07-02-2013, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          A combination of what Malinaggi did to Broner on the outside and what Cotto did against Floyd of the inside and Canelo wins this fight

Also Segura vs Calderon
          That sounds good, but that's Paulie's style, that's Cotto style. It's hard to try to do what another fighter does if that is not the style you are used to. I think Berto is a perfect example. He tried to fight like Floyd against Guerrero and got mauled but Floyd used the same style and won easy. Unless Canelo can move around the ring like Paulie or fight for 3 minutes a round like Cotto then using their style is senseless.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

Also Segura vs Calderon
            Canelo can't do to Floyd what Malignaggi did to Broner. I don't think anyone can beat Floyd from the outside.

But he can copy Cotto's inside fighting or better yet try to be like Castillo on the inside. Go to the body early and often, hope that Mayweather drops his hands eventually, then at that point bring more punches up top.

He better be in good shape to do it all 12 rounds too.

Comment

Next Mayweather opponent: "I'm not Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero or Canelo."

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Canelo can't do to Floyd what Malignaggi did to Broner. I don't think anyone can beat Floyd from the outside.

But he can copy Cotto's inside fighting or better yet try to be like Castillo on the inside. Go to the body early and often, hope that Mayweather drops his hands eventually, then at that point bring more punches up top.

He better be in good shape to do it all 12 rounds too.
                Castillo's fight plan was masterful in that first fight.

Comment

canelo said the same thing every other who has face mayweather has said. I'm different but yet they getb in the nring and see that floyd is alot faster than anything they had ever seen in the ring. I see floyd peppering canelo with pot shots through out the fight and if canelo fades like he did against trout floyd will tko him late in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Mosley landed it twice and twice he shook homeboy up, you and I know we were both like OH SHHhh when he caught him. Now Mosley ran out of gas after that and just started walking forward and eating punches. Now if you go and watch the Judah fight Judah had success with the same set up. The #1 rule in boxing is you don't pull your head back...eventually the train catches up to you...has happened to every boxer in history. Now this dude made Trout who I can't recall ever being wobbled do a drunk dance with a shot he didn't even wind up for..if he lands that punch i'm talking about won't be no dancing or hugging it's straight canvas. Honestly I don't care much for resumes once a fight is signed because I don't think either man is taking it easy in a gym just because they are inexperienced. That all factors into whether they deserve the fight but once it's signed up for what is he going to go "No I changed my mind"? I've been a fan of the sport almost three decades i've seen enough upsets in my time to never sleep on an underdog especially an underdog with the right motivation.
                    Yeah I have to admit seeing Mosley land those punches and visibly hurting Floyd was shocking. I think Canelo's resume matters simply because he's going from fighting average 140 and 147 pounders to fighting an ATG. You have to fight the fights that prepare you for that. Whatever style Canelo' brings Mayweather has seen now can you say the same about Canelo? He hasn't fought one guy close to the level of Floyd. I'm not counting Canelo completly out but he has a hell of a mountain to climb on Sept 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinBieberFan View Post
                      He's right..they have something his ugly ginger azz doesnt...the stamina to go the whole 12 rounds.

Cotto has great stamina now?

HA.

Comment

Working...
                      X