Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas kept it real about Adrien Broner...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He beat Paulie but I don't think it was easy. If you judge who landed the harder punches, it was Broner no doubt. Paulie though, out worked him and made many rounds close.

Comment

8-4 Broner, he didn't force the action as much as he should have but you can take a title when the champ boxes on the run. Paulie didn't want to exchange and thats fine but he landed his jabs to the midsection other than that the punches didn't land often and they had NOTHING on them!
      People expected more from Broner and less from Paulie so Paukies fans think it was close! The rounds got very repetitive and it was getting boring and thats on Broner for not stepping up the action! No rematch, one 12 round bore is enough!
      Ray

Comment

Like I said, anybody who scores that fight for Paulie don't know WTF they are looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          You need a pencil and a piece of paper to score a fight?

Counting rounds too taxing for your pretty little head, cupcake?
          I'd rather write it down like the judges than go off memory and guess who won.

Comment

People generally don't know how to score fights period.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
              Atlas is wrong. Again. Hes wrong alot lately. Maybe hes getting old.
              How was he wrong on this one ? He pointed out exactly what happened in the ring.

Soft ineffective punches should not score points.

Broner may not have looked his best but he won that fight clearly.

Comment

He won the fight but not easily. Paulie made him work really hard and Broner struggled the whole fight to figure him out. Broner failed big time to make a statement. This fight made him look very ordinary.

Comment

Basically Paulie lost to a Jr Lightweight.

Khan and Cotto began their careers at 140. Broner is a little guy compared to those two.

Let GGG climb up two weight classes and beat Nathan Cleverly in his first fight at light heavy

This forum would be offline for weeks. GGG fans would claim GGG is better than
                  Calzaghe. They would claim GOAT status for him.

Broner actually does accomplish this feat and the majority of internet fans criticize him.

Too bad his last name ain't Morales or Povetkin. He'd get nonstop love then.

Its all good though. People will hate this kid into a cash cow.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
                    Basically Paulie lost to a Jr Lightweight.

Khan and Cotto began their careers at 140. Broner is a little guy compared to those two.
                    Paulie began his career at lightweight. Khan did also.

Get a pencil and paper so you can write it down and remember that.

Comment

Paulie made this fight close..He lost it imo,but I can see an argument for a draw..A Paulie win is a hard one to swing,Paulie was busy and at times controlling the fight..Not enough tho for me to give him the win..

Comment

Working...
                      X