Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas kept it real about Adrien Broner...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a huge Broner hater. I think the sport is better off without him. But that doesn't mean I can't call a fight like I see it.

I think Broner won ten of the twelve rounds. Sometimes a fighter can be just a little bit better than their opponent.... and they do it round after round. So in my opinion (which should never count for much), it should have been 118-110 for Broner; not because he was phenomenally better... because he was slightly better on a very consistent basis.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      He's human, he can also make mistakes, and this time saying that Broner won "easy" is a big mistake.
      He has a habit of making mistakes which for a so called boxing expert isn't really acceptable.
      Didn't he say hatton would beat Pac? So not only is he not good at predicting fight outcomes. He may also not be a great judge.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        He has a habit of making mistakes which for a so called boxing expert isn't really acceptable.
        Didn't he say hatton would beat Pac? So not only is he not good at predicting fight outcomes. He may also not be a great judge.
        Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Yeah, I felt they all just backed their own pre-fight predictions of Broner domination. Broner plays to the journalists too, he is their jester, they like him.
        Ted Atlas had to back his pre-fight predictions, ie, a mismatched fight in Broner's favor. Otherwise, he would like like a fool as usual.

It was in no way a dominating win for Broner. I would bet that if the judges gave it to Paulie, not a lot of fans would complain.

It looked like the judges didn't count Paulie's millions of body shots on Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Paulie began his career at lightweight. Khan did also.

Get a pencil and paper so you can write it down and remember that.
          You got me on that one. I forgot Khan began his career at Lightweight. With that said, the fact still remains Broner is naturally smaller than Khan, Cotto and Paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
            You got me on that one. I forgot Khan began his career at Lightweight. With that said, the fact still remains Broner is naturally smaller than Khan, Cotto and Paulie.
            Broner is not a Junior Lightweight. He was clearly too big for that division which is why he missed weight and lost his title. He came in the ring at 150 for his lightweight fights. Stop making stupid excuses for his lacklustre performance.

Comment

Broner is not a Junior Lightweight. He was clearly too big for that division which is why he missed weight and lost his title. He came in the ring at 150 for his lightweight fights. Stop making stupid excuses for his lacklustre performance.
              He's not a natural welter either.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
                He's not a natural welter either.
                Neither is Malignaggi really. Size had nothing to do with his mediocre performance.

Comment

Neither is Malignaggi really. Size had nothing to do with his mediocre performance.
                  Good post.

Comment

Got damn, everyone knew that coming into the fight that Paulie was not going to KO or even stun Broner. If the shot landed then the shot landed. Paulie outlanded Broner even though they didn't hurt him he still tagged him. What did you morons expect? Paulie to KO Broner? Get real and look at who out landed who, who showed better defensive skills, and who took control of the fight. Paulie hit all those check points. Not giving Paulie a nod for a win cuz of his punching power is absurd cuz we knew he didn't have it coming into the fight for goodness sake.

Comment

• What response do you expect?

"God damn it!! I'm a Broner hater and I thought he lost against Malignaggi but my number one idol, Teddy Atlas, said that Broner won easy. I guess I'll go kill myself now."

What a stupid fucking thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X