No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Sergio Martinez Will Not Fight Golovkin Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella: Sergio Martinez Will Not Fight Golovkin Next

Promoter Lou DiBella, who guides the career of WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs), states that his fighter will not face WBA/IBO champion Gennady Golovkin (27-0, 24KOs) in his next return fight. Martinez last fought in April and suffered several injuries during the decision win over Martin Murray. Martinez will likely not return until 2014 and DiBella says he won't put his fighter in the ring, after such a long layoff, with Golovkin.

[Click Here To Read More]

Don't blame him on the layoff logic. But fight a decent middleweight then golovkin. Maybe he hoping ggg and jccjr fight then he gets winner.

Comment

no surprise there

Comment

Martinez's chance to fight GGG is long gone. He shouldve fought him when he was fresh. Sergio is fked now. Those injuries ain't going away.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

**** you Dibella you don't have confidence in your fighter, that according to you is the best at middleweight. I'm not taking anything away from Martinez, I'm a fan of him, but he's on his way out of boxing, and he's done enough on his career, he's not winning against Golovkin and Hypocrite Dibeela knows it, he won't make the fight happen because it's a no win situacion for him.

Comment

Promoters need to be honest like this alot more. I respect Dibella for telling it like it is.

Comment

Then relinquish the belt. I don't really understand the idea of referring to yourself as champion and not fighting the best in the division. Before some jackass says anything the same applies to Mayweather Jr. as well. I honestly believe he should have relinquished his belt straight after the Cotto fight if he believed making 154lb would be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Martinez's chance to fight GGG is long gone. He shouldve fought him when he was fresh. Sergio is fked now. Those injuries ain't going away.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Almost spitted out the water from my mouth when I saw that signature, lmao, that's great.

Comment

Guess he'll never fight him because he'll have a long break after every fight

Comment

It's true sergio will never fight golovkin if he does we all know what happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X