No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa on Rios: We Can Fight After Pacquiao Beats Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    50's philosophy is that his fighters do not fight weak/over-matched opposition, realistically speaking. Rios is definitely not a weak match-up and Gamboa would really have to earn that victory. Yuri should only move up to 140 if he can get a big fight off the bat. Other than that, he should stay @135 and get a better trainer.
    I agree with this whole post..

Comment

So Gamboa would want to fight the guy that woul be coming off a loss? Hmm...

Comment

Dont get this guy.... i liked gamboa alot bfor his last two fights i lost alot of respect for him he wants the name an everything that comes with being an elite star but his performances say otherwise he needs to fight garcia but i think he knows he will lose an 140 come on now anyone in that division with a big name lik he wants will drop him easy!!!!
        Gamboa will end up bein a steppin stone soon mark my words!!!!

Comment

rios aint coming down... wtf is gamboa talking about hes fighting at 147 vs pac, the lowest rios would come is 140 and gamboa is already a small 135 fighter

Comment

also back then at 135 lb gamboa had a good chance against rios but no way now... rios is way to big and strong gamboa has no chin and would get dropped multiple times

Comment

Omar Figueroa should beat this guy already, Gamboa doesnt look good at 135

or maybe he should go for Mikey Garcia at 130

but hes calling out a supposed Rios thats gonna lose against Pacquiao??? he 135 Rios at 147 lol what kind of challenge is that lol dude is delusional

what a waste of talent

Comment

Gamboa should fight Garcia or Donaire at 130!

Comment

Gamboa vs Panterita is a good fight. I'd love to see that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
                    rios aint coming down... wtf is gamboa talking about hes fighting at 147 vs pac, the lowest rios would come is 140 and gamboa is already a small 135 fighter
                    There you go...the truth.

I like Gamboa a lot -- even now -- but Yuri really screwed up with the whole Rios affair. His career might never fully recover. I'll say this, though, Gamboa was never afraid of Brandon. I don't really care if he was or not, but it's annoying to read that kind of nonsense over and over. These are men who fight for a living, not a couple of punks bumping into each other on the street. In Yuri's case, at least, he's been fighting his whole life against international competition. Fear of another, similar sized boxer is beyond unlikely.

Comment

I do kinda agree with him . I don't think he was afraid of rios but if he was gonna come up 2 classes and they were setting him up to lose a decision anywAy , he soulda at least got paid . What makes people think rios woulda beat him . Rios drained himself and lost to Abril . He gotta gift win. This guy got more lives than a cat. Manny is gonna whoop him too.And I like rios.

Comment

Working...
                      X