No announcement yet.

Frankie Gavin vs Denton Vassell RBR & discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Badzi1987 View Post
    Vasell by stoppage, he's a local boy and people in town who have sparred him have commented on his recent hike in power. I believe he is underrated and will cause problems for the British fighters most certainly.

Vassell is a hidden gem IMO though I may well be underestimating Frankie a bit.
    Vassell has always had decent power, I just get a feel he'll bulldoze Gavin who is the better boxer but Vassell IMO will close the gap and wear him down and overwhelm him late. Both deceptive records, Gavin for me is the better boxer, Vassell is the better fighter, better inside and hits harder. Just can't see Gavin keeping him at bay. Vassell is very strong and determined, Gavin seems mentally fragile.

Comment

Any idea what time the main event might start, i have no interest in the under-card as its crap. Cheers.

Comment

Got some money on Gavin by decision at evens.

Gavin should an ability to adapt vs Witter.

It still annoys me that Gavin is campaigning at Welter. He's too small.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

I think bad living in the past has made it impossible for him to get down to JWW. Its a shame as he could have been a great force at lightweight and JWW. At welter he will always be at an immediate weight and strength disadvantage.

Comment

According to BoxNation, the fight will start 10:40pm UK time.

Believe I have a bet on this with dan_cov from a while back.

WARRRRR FRANKIEEEE

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
              According to BoxNation, the fight will start 10:40pm UK time.

Believe I have a bet on this with dan_cov from a while back.

WARRRRR FRANKIEEEE
              Thanks for the info, might get back in time for the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

He should be at 140 and that is another reason I think he'll have a lot of trouble keeping the tougher, stronger man at bay.
                Gavin has the tools but its going to be serious hard to hold Vassell off of him for 12 who again for me has operated at the higher level and the more proven in the pro ranks.

Vassell is ever improving a trainers dream, Frankie has a lot of talent but seems mentally weak, too small and his power is very deceptive and not in a way he hits harder than his record would suggest.

Comment

man Tony Thompson looks in great shape. Price could be in trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    man Tony Thompson looks in great shape. Price could be in trouble!

Pics? I think he is in trouble anyway. Likable guy but Christ his chins made of Weetabix and his defense is real bad not to mention how he is so stiff. I guess that is what made Furys '''big, stiff idiot'' comment so funny.

Comment

Anyone else think Vassell could struggle with Frankie's southpaw stance?

Ive always thought it was harder to be a pressure fighter against a southpaw as if you arent careful they will just lead you on to the left hand all night...

A quick check on Boxrec (before it decided to stop working for me) shows Vassel hasnt fought a southpaw for at least 11 fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X