Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: HBO Rejected Hopkins-Stevenson Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No surprise. HBO hates GB at this point. Besides, IMO this would be a boring fight. I know I'm in the minority but I think all of Hopkins fights are boring. I like guys like Mayweather and Lara but I don't really enjoy Hopkins and wards fights.

Comment

Can you really lame HBO? Even before HBO gave GBP the boot, they pretty much had all their fights on Showtime, with the exception of the HBO contracted fighters they had to keep on there.

Now they have a fight that benefits them except the opponent is an HBO guy so now they want to come crawling back? I agree it's ridiculous and it hurts both parties in the long run, but it's hard to blame HBO for shunning Showtime.

I mean, if one of your clients took all his business to a rival company, only to show you love two times a year, how would you feel? All this after working closely together and helping each other out for many of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
        Please make this fight happen.

I'll watch it on ESPN2 and pay if I have to. If Bernard wins this fight, then he is a surefire legend and top 15 Greatest of all time.

Why is HBO getting in the way of history and greatness???
        Top 15? No way. If Hopkins beats the legendary Adonis, he'll go down as the greatest of all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
          No surprise. HBO hates GB at this point. Besides, IMO this would be a boring fight. I know I'm in the minority but I think all of Hopkins fights are boring. I like guys like Mayweather and Lara but I don't really enjoy Hopkins and wards fights.
          Hopkins beating of Pavlik was a treat though. As wonderful an asswhooping as you'll ever see.

Comment

Smart move by HBO. They will make Froch vs Stevenson or Ward vs Stevenson....two great fights IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Probably, that's a two fight deal right there and a showcase for Ward to move up instantly to 175 and win the Ring and WBC
              Stevenson has already said he's willing to come down to 168 to fight Ward. Ward aint going up 175. HBO is gonna serve Stevenson Cloud to hype him. Then give him to Ward early next year. Then they will do Ward-GGG later in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Top 15? No way. If Hopkins beats the legendary Adonis, he'll go down as the greatest of all times.
                A 48 Year old who was the undefeated, undisputed middleweight champion for almost a decade, beating everyone who had a name or claim, remains relevant after the age of 40, becomes the oldest world champion in the history of the world, and still fights top notch competition at the age of 48.

If he beat Adonis Stevenson, then he beats the lineal Light heavyweight champion, and he then becomes the oldest Lineal World Champion in the history of the world.

Yes. Top 15.

Bernard Hopkins is a living legend. Whether you like it or not. Give me 15 names that have accomplished more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Because Hopkins will take the win and trot off to Showtime for his next fight.

Hopkins probably didn't want the fight.
                  I'm quite sure you've heard and read that he has no problem fighting the guy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                    100% this. Watching a B-Hop fight is definitely not a experience I enjoy, so I'm not mad in the slightest that HBO won't make this match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                      I'm quite sure you've heard and read that he has no problem fighting the guy
                      I think he had a preference to fight alternative opponents. He was asked about Kovalev a couple of months or so ago and wasn't keen (on a financial basis).

Comment

Working...
                      X