No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Have The Ability To Outbox Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by truefan View Post
    Even if you are a die-hard Canelo fan, you cannot believe that he can oubox Mayweather. Just as a die-hard Mayweather fan cannot and will not believe that Mayweather cannot out slug Canelo. Boxing fans know what each fighter must do to win. If Canelo does this, he makes it so much easier for Floyd. Why waste coming into the ring a light heavyweight and not use that advantage? It's not going to work anyways but it is his ONLY SHOT at winning!

He might not necessarily "outbox" Mayweather but he can duck and doge a lot of his punches if he is in defense mode the way he was against Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
      He has to know better than to try and outbox mayweather that's the dumbest strategy he doesn't have the speed for one
      He said that he believes that he can outbox Mayweather, not that he is gonna try to outbox him.

The important thing here is that he can do a little of everything and strictly relying on pressuring Floyd is not a must. He can mix it up.

If they're both in the middle of the ring, he should use his new found defense (a la Trout) and wait for Floyd to punch and not just come after him while Floyd is on his back foot countering and rolling his shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        He is, don't confuse timing with raw speed. Mayweather has much better timing, but raw speed vs speed, I think Canelo is up there.
        Believe it or not, Cuah is right here.

If you put these two guys next to each other, doing some pad/mitts work, Canelo would be the faster combinations puncher. And I'm talking real punches being thrown, not that pitty-pat/touch routine that Floyd is doing with Roger.

Canelo would be faster much the same way Pacquiao is (and Pac is faster than both). Floyd is a sharpshooter, a quick sharpshooter. Watch him throw some real combinations and you will see he is not as fast as some of the other guys known for speed (Khan, even Bradley).

Comment

LOL Canelo, they lied to you, you are not that good, you were groomed, protected and hyped to fight (and lose) in a big ppv event. Your hype creator is cashing out. Sorry. And good luck in you future endeavor.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            ofcourse he can outbox Floyd. I remember everyone acting like he was the Mexican version of Sweet Pea after the Trout fight......lol

There is a rumor that Sweat Pea knocked up a white-Mexican woman while partying in Mexico, decades ago, and little Canelo was conceived.

Comment

Is this guy for real?

Let me open your eyes:

1. Canelo is NOT faster than FMJr.
              2. Canelo's stamina is NOT better than FMJr.
              3. Canelo's defense is NOT even close to FMJr.
              4. Canelo's foorwork NOT even a 5% of FMJr.

and on...so how is he going to outbox FMJr? You need to be able to be much better at those attributes than your opponent in order to "out box" him and Canelo is NOT!

I going further to say that he may even be very carefull in the exchanges because Floyd's chin has been tested and Canelo's chin may be crackable and has shown that he may be a bit "chiny" if I may call it that.

FMJr. by UD or even a TKO.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by woopwoop View Post
                LOL Canelo, they lied to you, you are not that good, you were groomed, protected and hyped to fight (and lose) in a big ppv event. Your hype creator is cashing out. Sorry. And good luck in you future endeavor.
                I would tend to agree on your general sentiment. And I also agree that his record is padded (obviously) as he went through the Mexican system of skipping out on Amateur and replacing it with a busy schedule of Professional fights.

BUT, one also knows when he sees raw talent. When I saw one of Lebron James' High School games, one knew he was going to be something special. When one saw Chavez Jr, one knew that he was undefeated-on-borrowed-time.

This kid is real. Doing as well as he did against slick, taller Trout, showed as a glimpse of it.

Comment

you guys are blowing this way out of proportion

Comment

Well we shall see, I don't see anybody currently in boxing today that can "Out-Box" Mayweather that is not happening unless Mayweather just decides not to train hard and take an opponent lightly. Chance of that happen is extremely SLIM! Even a OLDER Mayweather will probably still be out-boxing most of these HYPE JOBS in boxing today who fans go crazy for because they scare a KO against another HYPED UP OPPONENT!

But Canelo is suppose to have confidence in himself, what is he suppose to say? "I AM GOING TO LOSE BUT I WILL TRY"?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Well we shall see, I don't see anybody currently in boxing today that can "Out-Box" Mayweather that is not happening unless Mayweather just decides not to train hard and take an opponent lightly. Chance of that happen is extremely SLIM! Even a OLDER Mayweather will probably still be out-boxing most of these HYPE JOBS in boxing today who fans go crazy for because they scare a KO against another HYPED UP OPPONENT!
                      Remember, Floyd can only purely outbox those who try to make it a fight and come after him to make something happen. With those who didn't try to make it a fight, Floyd started pressuring them (i.e. Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah for half the fight). He can't successfully pressure a bigger, stronger Canelo the way he did Sharmba - who was a pure boxer with pillow fists equivalent to Malignaggie.

All Canelo needs to do is be patient, use his head movement, not worry about the boo birds that will come from the audience, and see if Floyd starts doing anything differently once he realizes that Canelo isn't coming at him, head first.

Comment

Working...
                      X