Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Have The Ability To Outbox Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is gonna have to counter the counter-puncher and hope he has the power to stop Floyd with one punch. He's gonna have to draw Floyd's lead or throw his timing off with feints. Floyd handles pressure too well to employ that style for 12 rounds, and it's not like Canelo has the stamina to pull it off. This fight is going to be fought at a chess match pace, similar to Donaire/Rigo.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 06-26-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
      I hope Canelo is joking... If he goes into that ring thinking hes going to outbox Floyd then he has already lost the fight.
      I agree. He couldn't even outbox Trout.

He should definitely mix some boxing in, but ultimately if Canelo doesn't hurt or even knock down Floyd at some point in this fight, he will lose.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Canelo is gonna have to counter the counter-puncher and hope he has the power to stop Floyd with one punch. He's gonna have to draw Floyd's lead or throw his timing off with feints. Floyd handles pressure too well to employ that style for 12 rounds, and it's not like Canelo has the stamina to pull it off. This fight is going to be fought at a chess match pace, similar to Donaire/Rigo.
        Not at all, Canelo cannot get into a counter punching contest with Mayweather. He has to pressure, there's no secret in that.

I meant he does need to out box Mayweather AT TIMES. Because he's not the type of boxer that is going to come forward relentlessly like Margarito, or Angulo for example. He will have to box with him at times and his camp recognizes that.

Comment

119-110 Mayweather by massacre

Comment

He already knows Canelo's game plan will consists of intelligent pressure and subtle counter-punching in spurts.
            Last edited by Carpe Diem; 06-26-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Not at all, Canelo cannot get into a counter punching contest with Mayweather. He has to pressure, there's no secret in that.

I meant he does need to out box Mayweather AT TIMES. Because he's not the type of boxer that is going to come forward relentlessly like Margarito, or Angulo for example. He will have to box with him at times and his camp recognizes that.
              I agree that his entire strategy shouldn't be built around countering Floyd, but I think the way he wins is by catching Floyd in a rare exchange with a big counter. Everyone can get buzzed by a punch they don't see, and Canelo will have to be in the best position to land it and then immediately follow up to finish him.

Comment

Nah. If Canelo wins, it won't be by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  In one fight? You really are reaching for any excuse then..if it was a running narrative like with Jean Pacal then i'd agree but it happened in one solitary fight. Also who is to say that was why he fought half a round?
                  In one fight? He has proven every single time that he has terrible stamina. He gassed against Trout, was gassing against Lopez (he stopped him early), was almost gassed against shot Cintron.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    119-110 Mayweather by massacre
                    119-110 is a round even, no such thing, unless it's a judge w/no concentration, IMO...117-111, as in FM's strategy he "relaxes" occassioally pending an assault...Alvarez does not have the ability 2 outbox him, has gaps in his attention, & most seriously, lacks discipline; we shall c my brother, hope I'm wrong & it is 119-110

Comment

Canelo's got serious skills guys. He's already veteran at 23. I just don't remember Floyd ever fighting a young, skilled, mentally and physically strong fighter like Alvarez. It's funny how his only question mark right now is his stamina based on more or less one fight. Canelo is probably the sharpest shooter Floyd will have faced. The only problem for Canelo in my opinion might be going down 2 pounds south of 154, as he's got a very thick frame with big legs. If that goes to plan, expect a tough fight for Floyd and maybe not so much from the physical aspect that Alvarez brings. Alvarez is a big time student of the game and he's got great skills and composure. He doesn't seem like he gets intimidated or thrown off balance either. If Floyd wins this it will be his greatest win.

Comment

Working...
                      X