No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire's Opponent Should Be Revealed Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    As a Donaire fan I'd like to believe he could fight differently and win, but he's not good at intelligent pressure. It's boxing, there's always the chance that he lands a killer hook or something, but as far as legitimate ways to keep the fight from being the same? There's only being more aggressive, which would just get him hurt earlier and potentially stopped.

The way that left swelled Donaire's eye and had him running is forever seared into my brain. You don't see that happen to world class fighters very often.
    Great post, Bo! Every word rings true.

I know that must've sucked to watch Nonito go into full retreat-mode, but, for me, it was just amazing. The only thing that could've made it better was if Rigo finished the job. Of course, that might've caused you nightmares. lol

Comment

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
      Guaranteed Donaire goes for the rematch. I am one of the very few, and all you guys are more than justified for calling me crazy, but that fight was a fluke. That **** was a mix between Nonito riding on a super high from a great 2012 run with the whole boxing world singing his praises, family distractions from a new baby on the way, him not taking Rigo seriously, not training properly because he wasn't hungry, and wear and tear from fighting often and not giving himself enough time to heal properly.

I bet anyone all my boxingscene points that Donaire comes back and lights fire in Rigo's ass. I'll even bet my kids on it (lmao).

I will take that beat. No fluke and all that **** sounds like a bunch of excuses. Actually they are excuses. I will be more than glad to take your points.

Comment

A rematch with Rig is a winnable but boring fight for Donaire, both are pretty much the same fighting skills except Rig is a lot quicker. To beat Rig, Nonito has to fight using more of his brain rather than going for the KO just because Rig is a smaller fighter. Can't beat what you can't catch! I'd like to see the rematch, yes Rig won but Nonito floored also him so it's a winnable fight. It will be tough though.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Great post, Bo! Every word rings true.

I know that must've sucked to watch Nonito go into full retreat-mode, but, for me, it was just amazing. The only thing that could've made it better was if Rigo finished the job. Of course, that might've caused you nightmares. lol
          It was shocking, the type of thing that fans will always remember about the fight. Actually a perfect ending for Rigo in his defining fight to this point. Seriously, how often does a fighter get his eye messed up so bad that he refuses to take his glove away from his eye? That left must have felt like a battering ram.

I'm not so big a Donaire fan that it upset me or anything, it was just something I won't forget.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            It was shocking, the type of thing that fans will always remember about the fight. Actually a perfect ending for Rigo in his defining fight to this point. Seriously, how often does a fighter get his eye messed up so bad that he refuses to take his glove away from his eye? That left must have felt like a battering ram.

I'm not so big a Donaire fan that it upset me or anything, it was just something I won't forget.
            What kills me is how Rigo's detractors want to say he "ran" during the fight, when Guille chose to exchange (much to my fear) during the first four or five rounds. These same people conveniently forget that Nonito literally ran backwards in the final frame.

Comment

Hilarious how some posters were on here about how great Nishi was and that Donaire's 2012 was so magnificent while a few of us tried telling them that Rigo would school him.

Comment

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
                Guaranteed Donaire goes for the rematch. I am one of the very few, and all you guys are more than justified for calling me crazy, but that fight was a fluke. That **** was a mix between Nonito riding on a super high from a great 2012 run with the whole boxing world singing his praises, family distractions from a new baby on the way, him not taking Rigo seriously, not training properly because he wasn't hungry, and wear and tear from fighting often and not giving himself enough time to heal properly.

I bet anyone all my boxingscene points that Donaire comes back and lights fire in Rigo's ass. I'll even bet my kids on it (lmao).

Please add me to your list.
                Last time Rig was just trying to secure a victory, this time he'll be a lot more confident and will show his true powers, will win in less than 12.

Comment

Rigo got the goods

Comment

Rigo beats Nonito again same same, or possibly stops him in the rematch. Mares beats Nonito 100% as well. Nonito is like Broner kind of...they are very dominant because they are in weight classes below where they should be. Once they start moving up in weight to where their bodies belong they look less spectacular. Nonito just got outboxed as well of course too. Nonito with his frame and size should be at 130, maybe 135. Broner should be at 147-154 with his body frame too.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      If the rematch gets done, look me up. I'll be happy to bet with you.

I recall you predicting Donaire would KO Rigo. You desperately want to believe you couldn't possibly have been so wrong. But you were and are. All those distractions may have had somewhat of an effect on Nonito, but not to the point of being utterly schooled by "El Chacal." What we all witnessed was not an anomaly. It was the glaring truth, as brought to you by the flagship of the Cuban School of Boxing.
                      You're probably right in my desperation, but I just truly feel like there was something about that fight that just didn't make sense in the way that Nonito fought. Who knows, maybe it's one of those deals where Rigo is his monster the way Salido is to Juanma, or Marquez and Pacqiuao to eachother.

If they don't rematch, I will never be satisfied with that loss.

I'll hit you up for that bet if they do though!

Comment

Working...
                      X