Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire's Opponent Should Be Revealed Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta question Donaire's sanity if he chooses Rigo again. There's no way he can go from losing like 11 rounds of the fight to somehow winning the rematch.

Comment

donaire vs fernando montiel 2

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        He's getting after school detention?
        I would've called it "summer school," but the fight would be in the fall. lol

Comment

It's either
          A) Vic Darchinyan
          B) salido/Cruz winner.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I would've called it "summer school," but the fight would be in the fall. lol
            That would be a good name for a PPV. They should call Mayweather-Alvarez that.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              That would be a good name for a PPV. They should call Mayweather-Alvarez that.
              lol No doubt. Class is in session!

Comment

Guaranteed Donaire goes for the rematch. I am one of the very few, and all you guys are more than justified for calling me crazy, but that fight was a fluke. That **** was a mix between Nonito riding on a super high from a great 2012 run with the whole boxing world singing his praises, family distractions from a new baby on the way, him not taking Rigo seriously, not training properly because he wasn't hungry, and wear and tear from fighting often and not giving himself enough time to heal properly.

I bet anyone all my boxingscene points that Donaire comes back and lights fire in Rigo's ass. I'll even bet my kids on it (lmao).

Comment

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
                  Guaranteed Donaire goes for the rematch. I am one of the very few, and all you guys are more than justified for calling me crazy, but that fight was a fluke. That **** was a mix between Nonito riding on a super high from a great 2012 run with the whole boxing world singing his praises, family distractions from a new baby on the way, him not taking Rigo seriously, not training properly because he wasn't hungry, and wear and tear from fighting often and not giving himself enough time to heal properly.

I bet anyone all my boxingscene points that Donaire comes back and lights fire in Rigo's ass. I'll even bet my kids on it (lmao).

If the rematch gets done, look me up. I'll be happy to bet with you.

I recall you predicting Donaire would KO Rigo. You desperately want to believe you couldn't possibly have been so wrong. But you were and are. All those distractions may have had somewhat of an effect on Nonito, but not to the point of being utterly schooled by "El Chacal." What we all witnessed was not an anomaly. It was the glaring truth, as brought to you by the flagship of the Cuban School of Boxing.

Comment

Donaire vs Rigo rematch is my 1st choice just because it will settle all the excuses from the donaire fanboys

Donaire vs Chris John in Macua would be a huge asian fight, and put Shiming Zou on the undercard,, would do big business in Macau

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      If the rematch gets done, look me up. I'll be happy to bet with you.

I recall you predicting Donaire would KO Rigo. You desperately want to believe you couldn't possibly have been so wrong. But you were and are. All those distractions may have had somewhat of an effect on Nonito, but not to the point of being utterly schooled by "El Chacal." What we all witnessed was not an anomaly. It was the glaring truth, as brought to you by the flagship of the Cuban School of Boxing.
                      As a Donaire fan I'd like to believe he could fight differently and win, but he's not good at intelligent pressure. It's boxing, there's always the chance that he lands a killer hook or something, but as far as legitimate ways to keep the fight from being the same? There's only being more aggressive, which would just get him hurt earlier and potentially stopped.

The way that left swelled Donaire's eye and had him running is forever seared into my brain. You don't see that happen to world class fighters very often.
                      Last edited by bojangles1987; 06-25-2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X