Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner is only 23, he will surpass Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
    He jumped 2 weight classes! 130 TO 147 at 23? May took years from 130 to 147/154

Come on, you guys are clearly haters

Let him learn his craft and go back down. Dispose of 135 Vasquez and Burns.

Go to 140 with more experience and take out Danny Garcia, Peterson, Matthyse

Go back to 147 and be a super star and face Pac/Mayweather after beating Bradley

Maybe hit 154 because he is big and beat whoever has a belt
    He moved up from 135 to 147 and fought the weakest puncher in the division. Despite moving up, Broner still looked bigger than Paulie in the ring. There is a reason for that - broner was HUGE at 130 and 135. He's a natural welterweight.

Paulie is Paulie. Broner was a 15-1 favorite for a reason - Paulie is past prime, not the same fighter he once was and has no power. Let's not go crazy here or maybe Cano is an atg.

Comment

Floyd actually has a style that enables him to collect wins against volume punchers and opponents who are bigger than himself. With Broner you can see how those things will limit his effectiveness. He's not good at limiting his opponents output, or ensuring that he does enough not to get outworked. He is also too heavy on his feet, against smaller opponents it'd be okay as he can essentially bully them. Against opponents with equal strength, or who are physically stronger than him, he cannot meaning he leaves himself in firing range.

I've thought for a while that someone like Matthysse will knock his block off. Also Broner will be 24 this year, he's not exactly young for an athlete. In terms of athletic capability he's in his prime. Also don't see him improving as a fighter, he has the wrong mentality.

Comment

Maywetaher was beating corrales and hernandez at 21 and 23

Comment

Age 23 Mayweather only beat Emmanuel Augustus at 130

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
            Paulie is a veteran with a belt at 147. Broner first time there. He already earning more than May age by age and will get better.

Most definitely the next P4P King and will be bigger than Mayweather
            I think we were spoiled by Floyd because he seemed so complete at a young age. His flaws were very small and hard to notice. Broner on the other hand, shows flashes of greatness. His flaws are more apparent and people can focus on them. At the moment, there's nothing that suggests Broner will surpass Floyd skill and accomplishment wise. He could be a large earner though but that's only if he can stay undefeated. I like Broner as a fighter. He presses the action and throws solid combinations. The key to him being great to me is his foot movement. He has to use his legs to defend himself.

Comment

Broner has been exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by king Ketchel View Post
                Maywetaher was beating corrales and hernandez at 21 and 23
                You sure? Maybe I made a mistake.

Corrales had weight issues though.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  He moved up from 135 to 147 and fought the weakest puncher in the division. Despite moving up, Broner still looked bigger than Paulie in the ring. There is a reason for that - broner was HUGE at 130 and 135. He's a natural welterweight.

Paulie is Paulie. Broner was a 15-1 favorite for a reason - Paulie is past prime, not the same fighter he once was and has no power. Let's not go crazy here or maybe Cano is an atg.
                  True but still, usually people struggle to move up in weight. Paulie is still skillful

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                  I think we were spoiled by Floyd because he seemed so complete at a young age. His flaws were very small and hard to notice. Broner on the other hand, shows flashes of greatness. His flaws are more apparent and people can focus on them. At the moment, there's nothing that suggests Broner will surpass Floyd skill and accomplishment wise. He could be a large earner though but that's only if he can stay undefeated. I like Broner as a fighter. He presses the action and throws solid combinations. The key to him being great to me is his foot movement. He has to use his legs to defend himself.
                  Floyd is not so flashy so doesn't get hit. Broner admires his work, but with time and against harder punchers, he should concentrate more

Broner is more exciting than Floyd. He doesn't have the same reflexes and foot speed, but he is attacking. We will never see Broner fight on the back foot say Hatton VS May. That was class, but Broner will bring it and people love that

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    LOL, I don't agree with Frankie much, but spot on ^^^^^.
                    Lol

I was rooting for Paulie, but I also wanted Broner to be the real deal and I was left truly disappointed.

His ego doesn't match up to his skills. The guy also cant seem to get out of this fake character mode, he's intentionally unable to be humble. Floyd doesn't sink to those kinds of depths, he always shows respect to the boxer after the fight.

Floyd Snr was spot on about Broner being nothing special.

Now I want to see Broner fight a live wire and see him knocked out

Comment

Ummmm.... No way. Last night was another ponce de Leon fight where we all can realize he's got major flaws. I always felt he ducked the 140 division by jumping to 147 and I feel stronger about that position after last night.

Comment

Working...
                      X