Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Lacks Dazzle in Winning Third Divisional Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only did Broner lacked dazzle but it could have been either a draw or have gone either way cause it was a close fight..(except in the eyes of judge Tom Shreck that had it 117-111 for Broner) & Paulie exposed Broner & showed the world that Broner is NO future of boxing or anything close to replacing Mayweather..He has skills, but this is the 2nd time he hasn't impressed(first timewas against Mexican Daniel Ponce De León)..Broner lucked out that Paulie is featherfisted but don't know how much that luck could last against the guys that could **** in the welter division.

Comment

I'm surprised that many people are surprised. The fight went almost exactly like I thought it would. Broner is not a volume puncher unless his target stands still. Paulie is slick and surprisingly tough and resilient, despite his light punching.

BTW I thought Broner won a close decision, but if they had given to Malignaggi, I would say I've seen worse decisions. Reminds me a little of Canelo-Trout fight which I thought Canelo won clearly but people were saying Trout was robbed.

Canelo clearly hurt Trout but I didn't see signs that Paulie was ever clearly hurt, even though the commentators tried to say he was.

I also thought Malignaggi's punches landed more cleanly than Trout's.

Comment

Anybody that thinks Paulie won this fight, or that was even remotely close is nuts. Dan Rafael, and several other media outlets scored the fight 117-111. And there is absolutely no talks of a bad decision outside of Paulie and Broner's haters. Broner made Paulie miss damn near everything he threw. And when Paulie did land, they were either grazing blows that AB rolled with or lil inconsequential body blows at the end of his shoe shine and run routine. The only thing Paulie "exposed" in AB is that he doesn't have that bone jarring Tito Trinidad, Mike Tyson type power. And he also "exposed" AB's tendacy to follow opponents around instead of cutting the ring off. Both of which everyone already knew. And both which allowed Paulie to finish the fight on his feet. Overall, AB put on a very good performance and Paulie performed better than expected. Combine that with the ridiculous amount of hate out there for AB and Paulie's bull**** postfight crying, and you get people crying robbery. Please. This fight was 8-4 at best.

Comment

Broner won it but it was a close fight IMO. Broner has talent but he really hasn't fought anybody worth mentioning. Love to see him against Ortiz/Guerrero next. BIG welters which would expose him even more i think.

Comment

I only gave Paulie 3 rounds. Broner landed more total punches and more power punches at a higher rate than Malinaggi. Should've been and easy UD for Broner

Comment

Ppl shoutin draw must be blind an went off sound!!!!!!
              Broner won but i agree he was far from dazzleing broner dissapointed me .

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
                The expectations for Broner were an impressive win against a tailor made (no power) opponent like Paulie to grab a "title" belt. It was all positioning from GBP, but, they didn't anticipate Paulie exposing Broner for what he is. A talented fighter but not a superstar, it's a little different when you can't impose your size on smaller fighters and Paulie is a small welter.
                Could you imagine this dude against Abregu or Thurman? Broner gets laid the frick out with that come forward style. Bradley would toy with this dude and make him look like a toughman contestant. Mayweather would pop his head back like a speed bag or 12 rounds and Pac would send him to the hospital before the 6th round.

He isn't fighting any "top" welters any time soon, he is probably running back to 135 where he has that size advantage.

Comment

i think broner is the worst three division champ right now....

Comment

I don't understand why people keep saying Paulie was "tailor-made" for AB. Paulie was a safe opponent (because he can't punch) that GBP could market into a big event, which they did. Demarco was tailor-made for AB. Either way, AB outboxed the boxer and did what he had to do with what he had in front of him. Now its on to the next.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      Anybody that thinks Paulie won this fight, or that was even remotely close is nuts. Dan Rafael, and several other media outlets scored the fight 117-111. And there is absolutely no talks of a bad decision outside of Paulie and Broner's haters. Broner made Paulie miss damn near everything he threw. And when Paulie did land, they were either grazing blows that AB rolled with or lil inconsequential body blows at the end of his shoe shine and run routine. The only thing Paulie "exposed" in AB is that he doesn't have that bone jarring Tito Trinidad, Mike Tyson type power. And he also "exposed" AB's tendacy to follow opponents around instead of cutting the ring off. Both of which everyone already knew. And both which allowed Paulie to finish the fight on his feet. Overall, AB put on a very good performance and Paulie performed better than expected. Combine that with the ridiculous amount of hate out there for AB and Paulie's bull**** postfight crying, and you get people crying robbery. Please. This fight was 8-4 at best.

What fight were u watching PM was landing combinations

all fight. Body and head.

Broner fought in spots and tried Landing the harder shots.

PM did more of what he intended to do on more rounds of what

broner intended to do.

It's the sweet science not the land 5 hard hits a round science.

There was a reason broner so was inactive and froze on every feint.

Dude u need a lesson On scoring a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X