No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Gets Split Nod Over Malignaggi To Win WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with the fights these days ?

Paulies punches have no pop, no spaz, no spazingo but he was the champ, and he landed lots of punches but loses the fight

compare

Ruslan vs Timmy boy: Timmy boy had the punches , no pop no spaz, no spazingo and Ruslan did MUCH MUCH MAS MUCHO MAS than Broner !!!

Ruslan had Timmyboy on death row

Broner pot shotted here and there.

I don't like a runner, I love a puncher, but Paulie fought last nite, his punches were super soft but they landed to the body, some to the head

Broner got a gift just like:

Bradley Pac
    Lara Williams
    too many others

Could it be that Paulie is RIGHT ? All my life its been that to win the title you have to TAKE it from the Champ, Broner didn't do that in my mind. What if the the judges last nite were the same as on the Bradley Pac fight ? or Bradley RUSLAN fight ?????

Could it be that Money ( not JR ) is ruling boxing too strongly ?

Could it be that in a close fight the one who is likely to become or is the superstar is predestined to win the fight ?

SHOULD THERE BE CONCERN in the Canelo vs JR fight ?

Showtime has a 6 fight multimillion dollar deal with JR, who would lose in a close fight come Sept 14th ????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
      Whats up with the fights these days ?

Paulies punches have no pop, no spaz, no spazingo but he was the champ, and he landed lots of punches but loses the fight

compare

Ruslan vs Timmy boy: Timmy boy had the punches , no pop no spaz, no spazingo and Ruslan did MUCH MUCH MAS MUCHO MAS than Broner !!!

Ruslan had Timmyboy on death row

Broner pot shotted here and there.

I don't like a runner, I love a puncher, but Paulie fought last nite, his punches were super soft but they landed to the body, some to the head

Broner got a gift just like:

Bradley Pac
      Lara Williams
      too many others

Could it be that Paulie is RIGHT ? All my life its been that to win the title you have to TAKE it from the Champ, Broner didn't do that in my mind. What if the the judges last nite were the same as on the Bradley Pac fight ? or Bradley RUSLAN fight ?????

Could it be that Money ( not JR ) is ruling boxing too strongly ?

Could it be that in a close fight the one who is likely to become or is the superstar is predestined to win the fight ?

SHOULD THERE BE CONCERN in the Canelo vs JR fight ?

Showtime has a 6 fight multimillion dollar deal with JR, who would lose in a close fight come Sept 14th ????????????
      Tldr but did u really compare it to Lara Williams and PAC Bradley? Lmao Man U people are delusional. Stop hating

Comment

• Originally posted by periks19 View Post
        The sad thing is there still is all those black lil wayne wannabees look up to broner. I mean floyd is floyd he talks **** but he is class not broner. Refeere should of deducted a point from broner kicking pual in the dick.

Ohh and the black lil wayne wannabees is not racist is the same **** when people say mexicans believe in chavez jr or alvarez after being fed bums. Canelo passed a test already but yeah mexicans still think chavez is the ****.

Al haymon is the new Don King
        What kind of dumb racist comment is that? Way to try and cover it up with your stupid disclaimer at the end you racist prick! Can't even spell the mans name right, his name is PAUL!!! And it's REFEREE should HAVE, not OF you idiot. You talk down the lil black wayne blah blah but you sound like an uneducated numbskull.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          3rd robbery for Broner now

#HaymonMagic
          Originally posted by dudeiknow View Post
          it was a robbery, paulie won this fight
          Originally posted by lparm View Post
          Bad decision should've been 115-113 all 3 for Paulie.

The 117-111 judge is clearly on crack.
          Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          Im gonna say this was a ROBBERY, A draw is ok.

Paulie won this fight!!!
          Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
          Broner is garbage. He lost to the weakest champ in the 147 division. He aint even half of mayweather
          Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
          Malignaggi won clearly, **** Broner!
          You guys are fanboys and sound as whiney as Paulie pretending he got robbed because he got one hometown scorecard, tryin to talk about **** being rigged. Paulie winning on ANY of the judges scorecards is a payoff. You have to be f*****g kidding me. Y'all are delirious and in denial and have no idea what dafuq you are talking about. #YouDontKnowBoxing

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
          I had it 116-112 to Broner.

I wonder whether not being able to hurt Paulie is a sign that his power isn't going to carry or Paulie just has a tremendous chin. Because if it's the former, we got a problem because his power was the game-changer.

Otherwise, you've got a kid who's dropping serious rounds to Ponce, Rodriguez, DeMarco, Rees and now Malignaggi. It's obvious he's a slow starter but this is the kid that people on this site were anointing a future ATG. People really have wildly over-estimated his talents.
          Well said. I feel it was a bit of paulies chin paired with AB's power not moving up to WW with him.

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          I thought it was a clear win for Broner. He caught alot of Paulie's punches on his arms and elbows and picked off enough for a convincing victory. Either way, I wasn't impressed. Broner was way too inactive. He seemed clueless when Paulie was throwing. He definitely is no Mayweather. The extra activity after the fight was unnecessary by both fighters. Broner was too ****y for a close fight. Paulie was way too emotional. I'm curious to see Broner's next fight at 147. He would definitely lose a fight against Mayweather IMO.
          As i stated previously, Broner has work to do. Amazing physical ability, but not a cerebral fighter like Mayweather is and may never be. Needs new training if you ask me, hire Mayweather Sr! His traniers send him out with the wrong game plans for these fights as Broner seems to fight them all the same: 3 rounds off to feel out and evade punches, 3 rounds of adjusting and working in counters, than stalking them down while bangning the body to open up the head. Thinking fighters will see through that eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Broner fights half a round gets praise for it..

Canelo fights half a round and he gets demonized for it...

Any questions?
            Good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by malcolm View Post
              Broner didn't impress tonite but he did get the W.

In the words of Big George Foreman "Just win tonite and look good in the next one..."

Broner needs to shut his mouth for awhile and focus on his craft. He has the tools to be an exciting and sucessful fighter. His challenge is can he get past his own self inflated ego?

He has Mayweather like talent, just not a Mayweather like BRAIN.

If he can't check his ego soon then I see him getting beat before he makes it to the top. If he gets his ego in order, no one will be able to beat him at 147, except his daddy Mayweather.
              Very well said. Good to know not everybody on here is a hater. People on this site have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE SPORT. Bunch of negro hating racists taking jabs at skilled black fighters anytime they get the chance and supporting the lighter skinned fighter no matter how **** he is or how bad he lost. Paulie manned up and fought and deserves respect but did NOT deserve any of the judges scorecards, that IMO is a payoff on the other end. NO WAY Paulie won more rounds of this fight, i dont care how close it was, W for AB all day. Broner is a good fighter. An immature prick but a good fighter, can't take that from him.

Comment

Who was Canelo Alvarez fighting in his 27th pro fight?? I'd love to see that guy fight Paulie Malinaggi. LMAO!
                Before his 24th fight, Canelo twice fought reigning Champ Miguel Vazquez, a guy that could give Broner and Pauli fits and maybe even win.
                Last edited by richardt; 06-23-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

First off, Mayweather got hit way more by Emmanuel Burton Augustus than Broner got hit tonite. Go watch the tape if you need to. Mayweather was bleeding profusely in that fight and getting banged up on the ropes by a 20+ loss fighter. Did AB have a scratch on him tonight?

Second, if Paulie had more power, AB, wouldn't have fought with a flat footed style.

Again, Broner is NO Mayweather. Period. However, he does have loads of talent and certain attributes that are similar to Mayweather.
                  #HeKknowsHisBoxing

Comment

• Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
                    Very well said. Good to know not everybody on here is a hater. People on this site have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE SPORT. Bunch of negro hating racists taking jabs at skilled black fighters.
                    Reported for insults and race baiting!

Comment

• Originally posted by periks19 View Post
                      The sad thing is there still is all those black lil wayne wannabees look up to broner. I mean floyd is floyd he talks **** but he is class not broner. Refeere should of deducted a point from broner kicking pual in the dick.

Ohh and the black lil wayne wannabees is not racist is the same **** when people say mexicans believe in chavez jr or alvarez after being fed bums. Canelo passed a test already but yeah mexicans still think chavez is the ****.

Al haymon is the new Don King
                      But why bring race into it. You're stooping down to ignorant ppl level. I'm Black and when I first read your post, I'm like WTF!

Comment

Working...
                      X