Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whos face the better competition, nathan cleverly or Sergey kovalov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
    Agreed, he isn't unbeatable but I don't think cleverly will create that many problems for kovalev. He will back him up because physically he is big and could bully him around the ring. But kovalev's power is too much IMO. Throwing 1000 punches is impressive but meaningless if they don't do anything throwing. 100 effective punches is much better than throwing 1000 punches that may not even hurt opposition. Last crooked fight that comes to mind was bellew chilemba 1&2. Most people that didn't have that British bias had chilemba winning.

So I would say there is a good chance of robbery considering its warrens child. Lol
    Cleverly has underrated power I think. He's not a powderpuff puncher by any means, though maybe not having 1 punch KO power (not many have, Kovalev is one), but anyone will tell you that if someone throws almost 100 punches per round at you, it will confuse you and throw you off the game. On top of that, he's not backing down, he seems to have great heart and a champions psyche and he's bigger and stronger.

Of course, i'm not saying Kovalev can not KO Cleverly, because that guy can KO anyone. But I just think it's unlikely due to the two fighters styles.

Hmm, even the second Bellew-Chilemba fight? That was a clear cut victory for Bellew. I can see the first fight maybe, but no matter how you put it, it was a close close fight. So that's not a robbery. I don't particularly remember anyone in Britain being robbed in a world title fight for the last 20 years. I could be mistaken though. The last one that comes to mind is probably Benn-Eubank II - but they were two british guys, and even that was a close fight. So I just don't think there's anything to back it up. And even though, since this is a WBO title fight, they will pick the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      This is a real 50 50 fight, and I wanna bet on this fight when the odds come through. Cleverly is being under valued imo. He really is a very Atheltic specimen, with great jab and should, great chin and averages 80 punches per round.

So whos faced the better completion, has the comp that sergey faced overated and is it better than Nathans?
      much better.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Cleverly has underrated power I think. He's not a powderpuff puncher by any means, though maybe not having 1 punch KO power (not many have, Kovalev is one), but anyone will tell you that if someone throws almost 100 punches per round at you, it will confuse you and throw you off the game. On top of that, he's not backing down, he seems to have great heart and a champions psyche and he's bigger and stronger.

Of course, i'm not saying Kovalev can not KO Cleverly, because that guy can KO anyone. But I just think it's unlikely due to the two fighters styles.

Hmm, even the second Bellew-Chilemba fight? That was a clear cut victory for Bellew. I can see the first fight maybe, but no matter how you put it, it was a close close fight. So that's not a robbery. I don't particularly remember anyone in Britain being robbed in a world title fight for the last 20 years. I could be mistaken though. The last one that comes to mind is probably Benn-Eubank II - but they were two british guys, and even that was a close fight. So I just don't think there's anything to back it up. And even though, since this is a WBO title fight, they will pick the judges.
        u must've missed froch-dirrell as well..............

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
          u must've missed froch-dirrell as well..............
          Have you taken your time to read all the posts in this thread? lol

More specifically, I did mention Froch-Dirrell.

Comment

Agreed, he isn't unbeatable but I don't think cleverly will create that many problems for kovalev. He will back him up because physically he is big and could bully him around the ring. But kovalev's power is too much IMO. Throwing 1000 punches is impressive but meaningless if they don't do anything throwing. 100 effective punches is much better than throwing 1000 punches that may not even hurt opposition. Last crooked fight that comes to mind was bellew chilemba 1&2. Most people that didn't have that British bias had chilemba winning.

So I would say there is a good chance of robbery considering its warrens child. Lol
            Kovalev supporters go on about how he's going to destroy Cleverly but then in the next breath, they're worried about getting robbed?

Comment

What one must remember that kovalev isn't just a ko artist. You don't win 190 odd amateur fights without being able to box on a high level. The only reason kovalev hasn't had to box because his power has been too much. That shows how good he is, jut wait until kovalev shows his true boxing ability with that power is a recipe for a P4P fighter.

Kovalev doesn't lose this fight unless robbed. He will box cleverly knock him down a few times and win comfortably.
              Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by Arsene Knows View Post
                Kovalev supporters go on about how he's going to destroy Cleverly but then in the next breath, they're worried about getting robbed?
                I don't think he will get robbed because even if Clev hears the bell, i think there will be KD or 2 plus some dominating rounds that you just can't give Cleverly.

I just hope the British Bookies think this Russian is a hype job and make Clev favorite and give good odds on a Kovalev victory.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Cleverly isn't no powderpuff he is a a good puncher. But he is stepping into the ring with literally a guy who could kill you. I agree with you there he does have great heart and if he loses (Because i'm not fully counting him out). He will go out on his shield and like i said before if he fights like a champion but loses i will give him his dues because for one i have always been a critic of home grown fighters. Especially with the likes of Cleverly, Khan and Burns.

The Chilemba is a completely different discussion, lmao. IMO chilemba had bellews number. He didnt really do much compared to the first one and chilemba in my eyes was robbed. obviously we could discuss this on further length but we are talking cleverly-Kovalev.

Btw Laced Up, i have to do something that many people on this site dont do. And that is to give the person you are opposed to in a discussion their dues. You really are a knowledgeable lad. Even though i dont mix well with haye fans. I have to give you my upmost respect brother. Stay Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Arsene Knows View Post
                    Im not saying he is going to destroy him pal, like i said above im a fan of kovalev but also like cleverly because he is homegrown fighter. Its a close fight on one hand you have a powerful puncher with good amateur pedigree against a solid champion, fair enough cleverly maybe considered a paper champ but No bum steps into the ring. So i have to give my dues to him. Cleverly is a ood fighter indeed but until he beats someone like Kovalev i will be a critic of him.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      Great post.
                      Thank you Yoz i appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X