Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whos face the better competition, nathan cleverly or Sergey kovalov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whos face the better competition, nathan cleverly or Sergey kovalov?

This is a real 50 50 fight, and I wanna bet on this fight when the odds come through. Cleverly is being under valued imo. He really is a very Atheltic specimen, with great jab and should, great chin and averages 80 punches per round.

So whos faced the better completion, has the comp that sergey faced overated and is it better than Nathans?

I think it's pretty even at this stage, maybe with a slight slight edge in Cleverly's favor. Neither has faced top competition. Cleverly beat an unbeaten Bellew (now WBC #1), an unbeaten Karo Murat (now IBF #1), Krasniqi who hadn't been beaten since his 3rd pro fight 6-7 years ago.

Kovalev has beaten a good contender, Boone, a couple of times and has KOd Campillo who's a good fighter, but was coming off a loss.

Comment

Campillo is the best name on either resume but that was nowhere near the best version of him. Other than that, who has he fought?

Cleverly has decent names like Bellew, Murat, Krasniqi. No really top level guys but probably better overall.

Comment

so does cleverly dominate sergey physically as hes a real presence in there.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          so does cleverly dominate sergey physically as hes a real presence in there.
          I think Clev wins on points. He's wrong for Kovalev imo. Cleverly is a big guy for a LHW and has broad shoulders. He's very physical, can take a good punch and throws 4-5 punches as his opponent throws one.

Whoever wins this fight will really establish himself on the LHW scene.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            I think Clev wins on points. He's wrong for Kovalev imo. Cleverly is a big guy for a LHW and has broad shoulders. He's very physical, can take a good punch and throws 4-5 punches as his opponent throws one.

Whoever wins this fight will really establish himself on the LHW scene.
            im starting to agree. Just watched Clevs last fight against Robert, and he looks so big in there. Sure hes not disposing guys like Sergey is, but hes got a very good chin, very well conditioned, if Sergey doesn't knock clev ot, clev wins a comfortable decision for me.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
              im starting to agree. Just watched Clevs last fight against Robert, and he looks so big in there. Sure hes not disposing guys like Sergey is, but hes got a very good chin, very well conditioned, if Sergey doesn't knock clev ot, clev wins a comfortable decision for me.
              What one must remember that kovalev isn't just a ko artist. You don't win 190 odd amateur fights without being able to box on a high level. The only reason kovalev hasn't had to box because his power has been too much. That shows how good he is, jut wait until kovalev shows his true boxing ability with that power is a recipe for a P4P fighter.

Kovalev doesn't lose this fight unless robbed. He will box cleverly knock him down a few times and win comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                What one must remember that kovalev isn't just a ko artist. You don't win 190 odd amateur fights without being able to box on a high level. The only reason kovalev hasn't had to box because his power has been too much. That shows how good he is, jut wait until kovalev shows his true boxing ability with that power is a recipe for a P4P fighter.

Kovalev doesn't lose this fight unless robbed. He will box cleverly knock him down a few times and win comfortably.
                This is how i feel as well, Clev will take a beating in this fight even if he doesn't get knocked out.

I will be hugely impressed if Cleverly wins this (if he deserves it). would make me a fan but i can't see it. Hope for a good fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post

Most guys back up against him. No one has really ever tried to stake the centre of the ring and try to back him up. I have my doubts about his ability to fight going backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                    This is how i feel as well, Clev will take a beating in this fight even if he doesn't get knocked out.

I will be hugely impressed if Cleverly wins this (if he deserves it). would make me a fan but i can't see it. Hope for a good fight though.
                    Agreed being from the UK I want cleverly to win but I'm a fan of kovalev. I think cleverly will lose, but will put up a fight to the point that fans will give him his dues for giving kovalev a tough time. And major props to for taking on a fighter Bhop avoided like the Black Plague. I hope for the best for these two fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X