No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez, Bradley Battle Over Rehydration Clause, Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    worst conditions??? if u dont come in under 10lbs i wont do drug tests? thatsa pretty bad condition. i dont remember one condition from floyd or manny that was that bad. not one.

cut off dates
    $10 million fine for every pound over the limit are pretty bad

Comment

I don't get the fuss? What's wrong with a 10 pound rehydration clause? It's not much. Its not like its a catchweight. A rehydration clause is how weight should be done anyway and it does nothing but keep them slightly closer to the actual welterweight limit, because guess what guys........you ready for this?

It's a welterweight title fight. Having one guy weighing in as a middleweight and the other an actual welterweight is crazy, so I really don't see anything wrong with it TBH. People are looking into this way too much trying to link it with other stuff.

It's a ****ing ten pound rehydration clause for all the most stringent testing you can get and Marquez is happy to do it. What's the problem? You people sound like a bunch of *****es. This is just the usual pre fight BS.

You'll happily argue for catchweights for certain fighters, based on size, but then when Marquez asks for something reasonable, ie. for his opponent to be semi close to being an actual welterweight instead of a middleweight on fight night, you jump on his balls and start blathering about peds? WTF? Bias much? Desperately hoping much? Why not try to link it into a conspiracy theory too while you're at it?

He's not asking for Bradley to kill himself with weight loss, he's asking for a ten pound rehydration clause. What the **** is wrong with that? It's nothing. Bradley gets what he wants, Marquez still has to fight the bigger guy and he doesn't have to get drained to do it.

TBH, it sounds like this stuff has already been organised and written out in the contracts the way Arum is talking, so these guys are either just playing pointless media mind games or they don't even realise that it's all done already.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        cut off dates
        $10 million fine for every pound over the limit are pretty bad
        they are, i just dont think they are worst than a 10lb rehydration limit. im all for rehydration limits, but 10lbs leaves next to no room for error. its draconian. id say 15lbs mebbe. but most fighters like 90% come in at about 10lbs over. and to make it a condition for drug testing, thats pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          I don't get the fuss? What's wrong with a 10 pound rehydration clause? It's not much. Its not like its a catchweight. A rehydration clause is how weight should be done anyway and it does nothing but keep them slightly closer to the actual welterweight limit, because guess what guys........you ready for this?

It's a welterweight title fight. Having one guy weighing in as a middleweight and the other an actual welterweight is crazy, so I really don't see anything wrong with it TBH. People are looking into this way too much trying to link it with other stuff.

It's a ****ing ten pound rehydration clause for all the most stringent testing you can get and Marquez is happy to do it. What's the problem? You people sound like a bunch of *****es. This is just the usual pre fight BS.

You'll happily argue for catchweights for certain fighters, based on size, but then when Marquez asks for something reasonable, ie. for his opponent to be semi close to being an actual welterweight instead of a middleweight on fight night, you jump on his balls and start blathering about peds? WTF? Bias much? Desperately hoping much? Why not try to link it into a conspiracy theory too while you're at it?

He's not asking for Bradley to kill himself with weight loss, he's asking for a ten pound rehydration clause. What the **** is wrong with that? It's nothing. Bradley gets what he wants, Marquez still has to fight the bigger guy and he doesn't have to get drained to do it.

TBH, it sounds like this stuff has already been organised and written out in the contracts the way Arum is talking, so these guys are either just playing pointless media mind games or they don't even realise that it's all done already.
          I agree if none of this was agreed to before now, but we have articles saying the drug testing was agreed to a couple months ago. If Marquez agreed then, but is making a fuss about it now, that doesn't sound right.

Comment

Why wouldn't Marquez just agree to testing regardless, especially with the controversy of Angel being his strength and conditioning coach. He says he wants to prove he's clean, but wants an ADVANTAGE before he will do it? That's fcking dumb bro and you know it. You don't go challenging the damn champ and ask the guy to weigh 10 pounds below his usual limit, that's just pathetic.

Why even try and defend Marquez, he's in the wrong here, if he's clean and got no problem with testing, then he should taking it REGARDLESS. Weakening Bradley in the process is so fail, Bradley is right, it's ******. Hydration clauses sometimes are even worse than catch-weights, can you imagine saying Canelo can only weigh 162 at fight night when hes weighed 172 vs trout? There'd be outrage at Mayweather 10x more than there is atm for the catchweight... use your brain.

Comment

I'm wondering why Arum announced this so quickly. It cameout today about rehydration and testing and just like that he said its out

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                worst conditions??? if u dont come in under 10lbs i wont do drug tests? thatsa pretty bad condition. i dont remember one condition from floyd or manny that was that bad. not one.
                How about actual catchweights? How about having various weight stipulations, or making them move up to fight him, for 6 of his last 8 opponents? How about manny refusing to do any extra testing whatsoever despite all the su****ion around him?

He's not refusing drug testing. He's saying "you want extra testing, that's fine, but I want you to to stick to ten pounds above the 147 limit".

****ing hell, this place is hilarious sometimes. This type of stuff has become so commonplace for a couple of fighters, but when someone else does it......

Comment

How about actual catchweights? How about having various weight stipulations, or making them move up to fight him, for 6 of his last 8 opponents? How about manny refusing to do any extra testing whatsoever despite all the su****ion around him?

He's not refusing drug testing. He's saying "you want extra testing, that's fine, but I want you to to stick to ten pounds above the 147 limit".

****ing hell, this place is hilarious sometimes. This type of stuff has become so commonplace for a couple of fighters, but when someone else does it......
                  When was the last time Pac or May asked for a rehydration clause? Never. Also Pacquaio didn't refuse testing, he didn't want the testing cut off date too close to the fight because as he stated wayyyy before he felt weak in the erik morales fight when he had to have his blood taken on the day of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                    As much as I've liked Marquez, he has been doing some b1tch made things lately.

Take the ***n tests
                    JMM has always been a biatch. He was *****ing and chasing Manny for years. His brother and him both have that quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Montoya tweeted this earlier

Bob wants to use "TRADA"

Comment

Working...
                      X