Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prince Naseem Hamed vs Floyd Mayweather,1999?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd wins this fight imo

Comment

I liked Naz but Floyd dominates this match up.

Comment

I'm a huge Naz fan but I agree, Floyd would be too smart and skilled for Hamed who by this point had lost a touch of speed and his hands weren't always holding up. He still had enough power to hurt Floyd and would get to him at points early in the fight but Floyd has the skills to frustrate and then win rounds.

There is noway Floyd stops Naz, any version of Naz.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          I'm a huge Naz fan but I agree, Floyd would be too smart and skilled for Hamed who by this point had lost a touch of speed and his hands weren't always holding up. He still had enough power to hurt Floyd and would get to him at points early in the fight but Floyd has the skills to frustrate and then win rounds.

There is noway Floyd stops Naz, any version of Naz.
          I totally disagree. I would be shocked if Floyd didnt stop him. He would get off balance and go down alot anyways. This isnt a 5th division Floyd who is super small for Jr. MW

This is Floyd at his strongest and he was stopping nearly everyone. Guys bigger & stronger than Hamed

Comment

Size difference would be huge, Hamed was a small featherweight. Hamed is massively underrated by posters on here. Hamed had the whole division on the run for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichee
              Naseem Hamed seems to quit when someone is beating him to the punch like his fight against Barrera. Floyd outboxes him then takes him out when he senses his lost spirit.
              He was lost, nobody expected Barrera to box so safe. Barrera changed his whole game because he knew his normal style would end up with him on his back.

Comment

I think the Naz who beat Kelly would give Mayweather a good run for his money, I seriously think either the posters are of an certain age gap or just didn't watch Naz fight. He had knockout power and hit from weird angles. You can't take away a mans achievements so easily, after all you have to be pretty good to get that record.

Comment

Very easy fight for Floyd
                  Don't know why people keep harping on about this match up???
                  He would have toyed with him,I think he stops him
                  Naz was fun to watch but he scraped by lesser fighters
                  Once he started fighting in the states you could see it was a level too high for him

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
                    Very easy fight for Floyd
                    Don't know why people keep harping on about this match up???
                    He would have toyed with him,I think he stops him
                    Naz was fun to watch but he scraped by lesser fighters
                    Once he started fighting in the states you could see it was a level too high for him
                    Level too high? He was "THE" Champ and had the division on the run, nobody wanted to fight him. Barrera changed his fight style for Naz that shows how seriously he took him, HOF fighters don't work so hard and fight so disciplined for fighters levels below them.

Comment

Floyd is an easy winner in my opinion. He is a much better figher than Hamed. They are not in the same class. The Mayweather that had won 29 fights had his skills perfected enough to box Hamed's ears off and probably KO him. Floyd started boxing as a very young kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X