Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortiz' next opponent should be a rematch with Lopez before stepping up to anyone else

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortiz' next opponent should be a rematch with Lopez before stepping up to anyone else

Both fighters are coming off two consecutive losses from stoppages. Ortiz was on his way to stopping Lopez before his jaw folded. Ortiz has the physical advantage, but Lopez has the mental advantage. I think that Ortiz needs to pick his career back by avenging his Lopez and Maidana losses before doing anything else. I mean even a fight with Peterson again would show that he's willing to fix his mistakes, but he should rematch Lopez first.

I agree but I feel bad for Josesito. He's been in so many tough fights in a row and expected to lose them all. I just hate his matchmakers. A decent fighter in Jesse Vargas and then he fights Ortiz, Canelo, and Maidana, and then possibly Ortiz again. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
      I agree but I feel bad for Josesito. He's been in so many tough fights in a row and expected to lose them all. I just hate his matchmakers. A decent fighter in Jesse Vargas and then he fights Ortiz, Canelo, and Maidana, and then possibly Ortiz again. That sucks.
      ^^^

Comment

I agree with the Lopez rematch. Lopez is battle worn and Ortiz should be able to close the show this time. Maidana is too much for Ortiz at this time. I would say a Lopez rematch then a Cotto match and if he beats them both then a rematch with Floyd next September.

Comment

I mean you're right Lopez is getting worn down but he is making good money. If he fights again he wouldn't make as much money unless he rematches Ortiz, which is a fight he'd be more confident in.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
            I mean you're right Lopez is getting worn down but he is making good money. If he fights again he wouldn't make as much money unless he rematches Ortiz, which is a fight he'd be more confident in.
            Absolutely. The fight should happen. It makes sense for both guys. Josesito will get knocked out this time though.

Comment

Another guy saying he was right about to stop a fighter befor he got stopped. Lol heard that alot with numerous fights but that's a good fight. I think Ortiz is gonna fight Guerrero though next.

Comment

I agree. Hopefully Ortiz wins this one though

Comment

With Josesitos luck theyll probably put him against Thurman next. Feel sorry for the guy.

Comment

He declined a fight with King Khan, to fight Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                    X