Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward rumored to be leaving Goosen and signing with Top Rank for Chavez Jr fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't sell your soul for money! Don't do it!

But he really isn't going anywhere right now and with GBP focused on 140-154 I guess TR can get him fights with Chavez and maybe GGG next year cause they seem to be close. I like ward and wish him the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Goosen has done wonders for ward. Why's he chasing a middle ranked MW when's never even beaten a top 10 fighter and is facing Vera next
      1. Money
      2. Leverage in negotiations with Froch
      3. Money

Comment

Originally posted by Pr23 View Post
        Ward looking for a death wish vs Jcc Jr. Jcc 2 skilled 4 him
        I don't know if you are joking or simply out of your mind.

Comment

Goosen did a great job as did a lot of others in the Super 6. The episode with all promoters on one desk was lovely.

Sauderland, Goosen, Di Bella, Henessy. Have I missed anyone?

The only one who was over whelmed was Henessy... Now Froch has Hearn who is great.

Comment

Is TR telling Ward he must sign with them to get the fight?

If so, Ward should learn from Gamboa's mistake. Look what happened when someone was whispering in his ear.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

yeah he needs to change promoters to take things to another level...Goossen is a great Promotion to start your career with but once you reach a certain level you have to be with Top Rank or GBP now to reach that next level

Only problem though is who else does Top Rank have for him after Chavez Jr? They don't even have any Super Middleweights on their Roster they can match up with Ward after Chavez Jr and we know how difficult Arum is when it comes to working with other promoters

Hopefully he don't end up like Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Is TR telling Ward he must sign with them to get the fight?

If so, Ward should learn from Gamboa's mistake. Look what happened when someone was whispering in his ear.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Not for nothing but for a guy like ward to jump ship just for a fight with Chavez jr is type desperate. It's not like its Tim leaving for Pacquiao. I can understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  yeah he needs to change promoters to take things to another level...Goossen is a great Promotion to start your career with but once you reach a certain level you have to be with Top Rank or GBP now to reach that next level

Only problem though is who else does Top Rank have for him after Chavez Jr? They don't even have any Super Middleweights on their Roster they can match up with Ward after Chavez Jr and we know how difficult Arum is when it comes to working with other promoters

Hopefully he don't end up like Bradley
                  Tim did it, got a PAC fight and it aint really work out. He still isn't a star.

Comment

ward gonna get a good deal, hes world class boring.

Comment

Goosen has done a great job with Ward. He has gotten him fights with the most relevant 168-175 pounders. Unfortunately, there is nothing else Goosen can do for Ward and Bob Arum only let's guys have at his fighter if he is the promoter for the whole fight or has some kind of rights over the non-TR fighter. If Ward wants a PPV fight with Chavez Jr, he's gonna have to go to TR. I think that fight would sell okay, like 300k, not as good as Martinez. The selling point for Chavez Jr vs Martinez was that Chavez Jr is the son of a "legend", was huge, young, undefeated and had just knocked out Lee and beat Rubio; two opponents seen as big step ups for him. In this case, there's no real big selling point. Chavez Jr is huge? At 168 he'll probably fit right in on fight night weight, he doesn't have that 0 anymore, he's still young and still has his dad's name obviously, and Ward is undefeated. I say 300k.

Comment

Working...
                      X