Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward rumored to be leaving Goosen and signing with Top Rank for Chavez Jr fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward rumored to be leaving Goosen and signing with Top Rank for Chavez Jr fight?

All tweets by Steve Kim

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing
    Word on the street is that Andre Ward is not seeing eye to eye with Dan Goossen and trying to leave his promoter.... #boxing

I'll say this, Dan Goossen and I haven't seen eye to eye on many things, but with Ward, I think he's done a helluva job in many ways #boxing

Goossen took Ward, put fights into him, got him home-canvas advantage throughout the Super Six, got him a HBO deal... #boxing

So what is Dan Goossen's crime, not being Benny Hinn? Promoters are not always the bad guys that they are made out to be #boxing

eh it is what it is

Comment

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing
      And Goossen did this with a fighter who's not exactly the definition of 'fan-friendly'... #boxing

Is Ward going to Top Rank? Well, I mean, that would be the quickest and easiest way for Arum to pull the trigger on bout with Chavez Jr...

Would it stun me if Goossen got some money to walk away and Ward to go to Top Rank? No, not really.... #boxing

IMO, Top Rank/Arum doesn't do a Ward-Chavez fight unless he has a piece of the winner( which of course is Ward) #boxing

Comment

Ward looking for a death wish vs Jcc Jr. Jcc 2 skilled 4 him

Comment

He clearly wants the Chavez Jr. fight and is willing to do what he has to do to get it.

Comment

arum getting his new slick black fighter

sucks he's in such a ****ty division

Comment

Why would Top Rank put one of their biggest cash cows in with a guy who will humiliate him? Even if they have a piece of Ward it's not worth it.

Comment

he might get a spot in the Pacman vs Rios undercard or Timmy vs Marquez

Comment

ive said before i truly think ward would be a bigger star esp in america if he was with gbp or tr as sad as it is

Comment

Goosen has done wonders for ward. Why's he chasing a middle ranked MW when's never even beaten a top 10 fighter and is facing Vera next

Comment

Working...
                    X