Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward rumored to be leaving Goosen and signing with Top Rank for Chavez Jr fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    If Ward signs with Top Rank, fights with guys like GGG and Adonis Stevenson or even a rematch against Froch or Kessler or or a fight against Bute would go out the window. Getting a fight with Chavez is not worth the price of signing with Top Rank.
    This isn't true. None of GGG, Stevenson, Froch or Chavez Jr are Golden Boy fighters. Arum can deliver those fights.

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Dan does not have to be a bad guy,Ward is a professional boxer..He wants to get paid,and you better believe Arum is the man to get him the money he is seeking..Ward going to TR makes crazy sense right now,and is most likely Wards best move..I'd say go for it..
    Yeah, something like a 3 fight deal with Arum would work well for Ward.

Pavlik or Stevenson
    Chavez Jr.
    Froch II

The Froch rematch would probably have to be in Vegas however, can't see Arum letting that one take place in the UK.

Comment

Is Froch v Chavez not a way more exciting fight than Chavez vs Ward?

Comment

I'm not buying all this "Goosen did a great job with Ward" hype. Ward was an undefeated Gold medalist (Last American gold medalist I believe to boot) hadnt lost a fight since he was 12 yet when he entered the S6 99% of casual fans and 50% of hardcore cans had no idea who Ward was. Last I checked it was Ward publicly announcing he's cool traveling to Europe to face Froch, not a peep from Goosen.

In addition you guys have to understand that Arum from a budget standpoint is probably throwing sick amounts of money at Ward to make the jump. Manny is on the way out and quite frankly the investment strategy for him is to fight in Asia. Nonito was exposed and they have to rebuild him, Rigo is in a small division and doesn't speak English. Bradley doesn't have the hearts of the American Boxing fan. Mikey Garcia is the goods but he's just now going to get hia first big win vs a name fighter. I can guarantee you that TR would put a huge promotional budget behind Ward's name. They have the resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Is Froch v Chavez not a way more exciting fight than Chavez vs Ward?
          Chavez vs GGG is what I want to see.

Comment

ooo the famouse "word on the street" source

Comment

Originally posted by mikinoki View Post
              ooo the famouse "word on the street" source
              Steve Kim is a pretty reputable source with a good track record, he's an established journalist so puts his reputation on the line. He obviously heard this from someone who is a good enough source otherwise he wouldnt have bothered talking about it - but probably cant disclose the source yet for legal reasons.

Comment

Working...
              X