Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward rumored to be leaving Goosen and signing with Top Rank for Chavez Jr fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Why would Top Rank put one of their biggest cash cows in with a guy who will humiliate him? Even if they have a piece of Ward it's not worth it.
    Because all he has to do is not get knocked out so he can win

Comment

I like Ward, but this is a cherry pick. Golovkin may not represent the money that JCC Jr. does but, when is the last time you saw a P4P fighter calling out a C+ fighter for a payday. Even Canelo had to stalk Mayweather for that fight, not the other way around. If he wants respect, fight Golovkin at 168 and outclass him. It should be easy for a top 2 P4P fighter to beat a guy coming up from 160lb. Think of this as Mayweather fighting Lucas and that being Lucas's first fight at 147. Sure it will be competitive due to punching power, but the superior boxer should win.
      Last edited by hhwff3000; 06-15-2013, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I think Ward is frustrated. He is the best in the division and Froch is getting more attention and bigger fights. Goosen has done a good job with him but his style is not an easy sell. Right now he is in no man's land career wise with no obvious way to go. I am not sure a change of promoter is going to help.

Comment

I'll be surprised if Ward stays at 168.

Comment

I think Ward should just be a free agent and just sign with promoters on a one fight deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
              I think Ward is frustrated. He is the best in the division and Froch is getting more attention and bigger fights. Goosen has done a good job with him but his style is not an easy sell. Right now he is in no man's land career wise with no obvious way to go. I am not sure a change of promoter is going to help.
              and its his own fault because he refuses to compromise on anything and never moves away from home. he could just have said yup I'll do like kessler (who won his first fight with froch) and go to England so I can get a MASSIVE pay day and woop your ass again. Instead he refuses to fight without home advantage and so gets peanuts, demanding that the fight be made in his backyard so both guys can earn WAAY less, but he'll have that advantage, with refs that will allow him to clinch and spoil all night long.

And thats the other thing when he fights he doesn't give two ****s about conducting a snooze fest, spoiling and clinching all night long. People simply aren't interested in seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                Tim did it, got a PAC fight and it aint really work out. He still isn't a star.

It would of worked out but, The only reason he isnt a star is because he got schooled by manny and he got a gift!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I'll be surprised if Ward stays at 168.
                  The biggest reason ward cant make any good fights is because hes not willing to fight catch-weights with MW or LHW he always wants to be to comfortable in 168 like the dawson fight that was supposed to be at 170-171 instead of 168...

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                    All tweets by Steve Kim

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing
                    Word on the street is that Andre Ward is not seeing eye to eye with Dan Goossen and trying to leave his promoter.... #boxing

I'll say this, Dan Goossen and I haven't seen eye to eye on many things, but with Ward, I think he's done a helluva job in many ways #boxing

Goossen took Ward, put fights into him, got him home-canvas advantage throughout the Super Six, got him a HBO deal... #boxing

So what is Dan Goossen's crime, not being Benny Hinn? Promoters are not always the bad guys that they are made out to be #boxing
                    Dan does not have to be a bad guy,Ward is a professional boxer..He wants to get paid,and you better believe Arum is the man to get him the money he is seeking..Ward going to TR makes crazy sense right now,and is most likely Wards best move..I'd say go for it..

Comment

Originally posted by Pr23 View Post
                      Ward looking for a death wish vs Jcc Jr. Jcc 2 skilled 4 him
                      lol1:

Wait you are serious??

Comment

Working...
                      X