No announcement yet.

E Lara....were you impressed??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    he's sloppy as **** and let angulo whack his body all night. a "master boxer" would've easily adjusted to those slow ass punches.
    Lara's not a "master boxer" like Floyd or Rigo (how many guys are?). Erislandy's a boxer-puncher with some good, but not great, attributes. Maybe he should've done better against Angulo, but the "Perro" that showed up that night was on a mission. Few men at 154 would've looked good, let alone won, against that version of Angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      He showed plenty of toughness but overall wasn't impressed Angulo was imposing his gameplan and controlling the pace of the fight for the most part and Lara was unable to create the space he wanted for the bulk of the fight.
      Angulo was relentless. Although Lara has good pop, Alfredo was able to walk through most of his punches. He paid a heavy price and lost the fight because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Lara's not a "master boxer" like Floyd or Rigo (how many guys are?). Erislandy's a boxer-puncher with some good, but not great, attributes. Maybe he should've done better against Angulo, but the "Perro" that showed up that night was on a mission. Few men at 154 would've looked good, let alone won, against that version of Angulo.
        Canelo would have been one of those, Canelo would have ran combinations on Angulo, mixed up his attack to the head and body, which would have prompt the ref to stop it. It's one thing to tire out because of havin' to play this cat and mouse game with Trout, Canelo doesn't have to look for Angulo.

Comment

Very impressed with Lara. First time he's been knocked down as a pro and it doesn't even phase him, he came back stronger after both kd and stopped Angulo in a devestating fashion with a horrific injury and a ring retirment. Lara's offense was excellent, defense was decent, he made the fight entertaining by allowing Angulo to get some shots in. Whether that was due to bad stamina or out of choice who knows for sure, but that was a great fight.

Comment

I would go as far to say I think Joel Julio in a loss to Angulo looked more impressive against him than Lara until what could be easily called a very quick stoppage occurred, he was boxing, using the ring, turning Angulo, and landing combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              i kept hearing that he was. even showtime was labeling him all these eloquent words. dude was getting bodied by a face-first zombie who can't even box properly. besides showing grit, i wasn't impressed at all. i thought he looked average against a below average fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy
                Quote:

Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC

Canelo would have been one of those, Canelo would have ran combinations on Angulo, mixed up his attack to the head and body, which would have prompt the ref to stop it. It's one thing to tire out because of havin' to play this cat and mouse game with Trout, Canelo doesn't have to look for Angulo.
                Here you go with the Canelo **** again. Have you seen Canelo fight on the inside vs someone his own size? Gtfo man. Your bias is pouring out your pores. If Cotto's brother put a hurting on Canelo, Angulo would put Canelo on a stretcher.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin'
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC

i kept hearing that he was. even showtime was labeling him all these eloquent words. dude was getting bodied by a face-first zombie who can't even box properly. besides showing grit, i wasn't impressed at all. i thought he looked average against a below average fighter.
                  Zombie? Lmao...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                    Landy showed some heart and he didn't lose his composure after being knocked down by 2 massive punches. Lara needs a shot at a title and needs to stop fighting all these mandatorys.
                    I'm with you... Canelo should be next but they cashing out with Fraud, so who is available?
                    Last edited by BendOver; 06-12-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      I think this version of Angulo would have run Canelo over, but that's just speculation. I don't fancy Canelo's power like others here do, but his best shot would be to try to stun or slow down Angulo with bodyshots while keeping a tight guard.

I thought the size of the ring (a phone-booth) as well as the fact that Lara couldn't hurt Angulo allowed the latter to impose his weight and pressure on Erislandy, which in time tired Lara and allowed him to land more cleanly. I was impressed by the amount of damage Lara did to Angulo's face as he's one of those thick-skinned fighters who don't really mark easily.
                      Last edited by BafanaBafana; 06-12-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X