No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alfredo Angulo Provides Update on His Eye Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaliAgent View Post
    His eye was damaged at the end of the round before he turned his back. Watch closely and you will see him wince after taking a nice left. The following round was just the icing on the cake. No thumb. Thumbless gloves. His corner was the one crying for a thumb, never Angulo.
    He clearly blamed the thumb in his update, but then again he may just be parroting what Hunter said.

Comment

No broken bones thats great so he can get back in the ring again soon. Angulo looked pre-kirkland vs lara his conditioning was amazing.

Comment

I enjoyed the article up until I read his thumb in my eye Lara left hand caused the injury to his eye no thumb

Comment

Hmm this is interesting. No broken bones and he clearly wasnt thumbed when he stopped fighting. Not saying hes not a tough hombre b/c he is but I'm surprised that it appears he indeed quit from the swelling. I guess he's no Denis Lebedev.

Comment

Thumbless gloves. It was even mentioned at end of fight that they were thumbless gloves

Comment

The decision of the referee?
              Uhhh, he had no choice
              you turned your back and walked away.

Lara may have been knocked down twice, but at least he didn't quit

Comment

Ok first off you people need to understand that thumbless gloves aren't literally thumbless, the thumb is sowed on so u can't move it around but u can still catch someone with the thumb. And I'm not making the case that a thumb went in his eye, maybe the actually fist part of the glove did, the real issue here is not the ref or the glove but the fact that injuries sometimes happen but u gotta have a clear head and know that in that situation u take a knee to give urself time to recover NOT turn your effin back and force the ref to stop the fight

Comment

Idk if Angulo would have been able to win still but I felt bad for the dude. Until he made excuses about getting thumbed in the eye. And saying he never quit. Stop it Perro. Just deal with it and comeback strong.

Comment

It wasn't a thumb!
                    Lara's punches injured his eye and he simply could not continue. That is it!
                    There is no shame in that! He put on a great show in a crowd pleasing fight, against a great boxer, and it was close until the end. That is all that can be asked of him.

But he should not say if it wasn't for the thumb he would have won. I've seen the replay many times, no thumb, just crisp shots.
                    He needs to take the time to heal, get a soft comeback fight and ask for a rematch against Lara.
                    Last edited by JJRod; 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

He quit after he got nailed in the left eye by a perfect straight shot right on the eye. No thumb. All glove. The swelling I'm sure was awful and he likely couldnt see out of the eye. He mistook the stinging sensation for a broken bone most likely.

Comment

Working...
                      X