Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alfredo Angulo Provides Update on His Eye Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't matter whether he was thumbed or whether he quit or whatever, they would have stopped the fight after that round anyway because his eye would have been too swollen. One or two more clean punches on that side of his head would have turned into a horror show. And with the way he was just walking in to punches lara would have landed plenty more after that.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Angulo gave Lara his best shot. He won't do as well in a rematch. "Perro" came into this last fight in extremely good condition. He pressed the action incessantly and didn't give Landy room to breathe. Kudos...but I'd be amazed if Alfredo achieves the same degree of conditioning for a return match.

All those shots to the head Alfredo took can't be any good for him going forward. Whatever you think happened with that "thumb" issue, Angulo sustained a lot of punishment to the head. That swelling around the eyes wasn't caused by repeated thumbs. Landy was winning their fight before the stoppage, albeit closely. He'll have it easier the next time around.

what about all the vicious body shots lara took from angulo? I would be suprised if laras body can sustain the same amount of punishment next time. kinda reminded me of the shots meldrick taylor took from chavez dude lost his body bad.

Comment

That's good news but Lara was tagging him all night long it was obvious he was not hurting him at all until the swelling exploded that was nasty man looked like it hurt like hell I would like to see a rematch although I think the out one would be the same Lara outboxing him unless he gets caught with one of angulo's power punches and gets ko'd like to see a Canelo-Angulo matchup... That would be interesting.

Comment

Glad he's ok... He's got a bigger fight on the horizon....Lara is going to headline a donkey show somewhere along the border his next fight. That's boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
            what about all the vicious body shots lara took from angulo? I would be suprised if laras body can sustain the same amount of punishment next time. kinda reminded me of the shots meldrick taylor took from chavez dude lost his body bad.
            Lara took some heavy punishment to the body, no doubt. It'll take some time to recover. But, in my opinion, the body recovers much better from punishment than the brain. Brain damage is nearly irreversible. The two best headshots Landy took made him hit the canvass. Angulo took hammers to the head all night. Although he didn't go down, Alfredo's brain sustained damage. You can bet on that.

Comment

Glad to hear he's going to be okay. I hope they have a rematch.

Comment

That was as clean of a straight as you could throw that Lara threw. It was no different than the one that Rigo landed on Donaire in the 12th round of their fight that ****ed up donaire's eye. All this talk about the thumb is bull****. Plus Lara was wearing thumbless gloves.

Comment

Great fight and glad to hear he'll be ok, hope we get a rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Lara took some heavy punishment to the body, no doubt. It'll take some time to recover. But, in my opinion, the body recovers much better from punishment than the brain. Brain damage is nearly irreversible. The two best headshots Landy took made him hit the canvass. Angulo took hammers to the head all night. Although he didn't go down, Alfredo's brain sustained damage. You can bet on that.

If they do have a rematch do you think laras body will be able to take the same amount of punishment? but lets see what both camps say and hopefully we get to see a rematch. cheers.....

Comment

The only ones talking about thumbs are the salty Angulo fans. How many MMA fighters do you see get poked by actual thumbs and never swell up like that?

Who in the right mind would think a thumb can do that type of damage?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X