Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alfredo Angulo Provides Update on His Eye Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laras punches confused him. He doesn't know what happened!

Comment

Great news that the eye is okay, now sign that rematch! Angulo got it next time, but dude needs some kind of defense man he takes way too many shots.

Comment

Its there to see on video that the thumb hit the swelling of his eye. The thumb did not go directly into his eyeball but I'm sure it hurt like hell regardless. Glad there is no permanent damage, he made the right decision to turn away and save his eye.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
          Ok first off you people need to understand that thumbless gloves aren't literally thumbless, the thumb is sowed on so u can't move it around but u can still catch someone with the thumb. And I'm not making the case that a thumb went in his eye, maybe the actually fist part of the glove did, the real issue here is not the ref or the glove but the fact that injuries sometimes happen but u gotta have a clear head and know that in that situation u take a knee to give urself time to recover NOT turn your effin back and force the ref to stop the fight
          This^^ People there is still a separation of the thumb on the glove even though it is not like the old school gloves, it still can land on its own. Too many parrots on here

Comment

I don't think he's making an excuse, he is just using thumb from the glove make him feel pain, he's not saying Lara did it on purpose etc. Glad he took the right decision to stop fighting when hurt (not like Margarito) I wanted Perro to win, hopefully he comes back good.

Comment

An eye is worth more than a Canelo fight.

Comment

That would be a great rematch, I think Lara will come more prepared where as Angulo would be lucky to have the same success in my honest opinion. Lara will probably time him with uppercuts, and throw the lead left hand to the body too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                  Great news that the eye is okay, now sign that rematch! Angulo got it next time, but dude needs some kind of defense man he takes way too many shots.
                  Angulo gave Lara his best shot. He won't do as well in a rematch. "Perro" came into this last fight in extremely good condition. He pressed the action incessantly and didn't give Landy room to breathe. Kudos...but I'd be amazed if Alfredo achieves the same degree of conditioning for a return match.

All those shots to the head Alfredo took can't be any good for him going forward. Whatever you think happened with that "thumb" issue, Angulo sustained a lot of punishment to the head. That swelling around the eyes wasn't caused by repeated thumbs. Landy was winning their fight before the stoppage, albeit closely. He'll have it easier the next time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    That would be a great rematch, I think Lara will come more prepared where as Angulo would be lucky to have the same success in my honest opinion. Lara will probably time him with uppercuts, and throw the lead left hand to the body too.
                    Definitely easier to see Lara adapting to Angulo rather than vice versa.

Really surprised to hear that he didn't break anything; that swelling was horrendous. Still don't think it was the thumb that did it; yes, thumbless gloves still have thumbs, and yes, it looks like Lara grazed his face in the replay, but the way Angulo describes it (Lara's thumb "in" his eye) is incorrect. And to be fair, his eye was already pretty swollen prior to the alleged thumbing...maybe he wouldn't have turned his back after those 2-3 good shots, but the swelling probably would've gotten to a point where the fight would've been stopped anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      You read my mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X