Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumbest Thing You Saw Live At The Fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was at the Rendall Munroe - Scott Quigg fight (the first one) at Manchest Velodrome. There was a dude there (I assume he was a Munrow fan) dressed in a wheely bin. He hollowed out the bottom so he could walk. I'll post a pic of the type of bin I'm talking about.

Later on at the same fight, after the fight was stopped on cuts a fight broke out in the crowed and 2 guys ran up the side of the velodrome, kinda like the travelator on gladiators started fighting. Then out of nowhere a guy dressed as captain America jumped over the wall and did what appeared to be an elbow drop on one of the guys. They rolled to the bottom and were promptly ejected by security. One of the most surreal things I've ever seen.

Edit: Pic of said wheelie bin

Last edited by Hitman Hodgson; 06-12-2013, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
      When I was at the Rendall Munroe - Scott Quigg fight (the first one) at Manchest Velodrome. There was a dude there (I assume he was a Munrow fan) dressed in a wheely bin. He hollowed out the bottom so he could walk. I'll post a pic of the type of bin I'm talking about.

Later on at the same fight, after the fight was stopped on cuts a fight broke out in the crowed and 2 guys ran up the side of the velodrome, kinda like the travelator on gladiators started fighting. Then out of nowhere a guy dressed as captain America jumped over the wall and did what appeared to be an elbow drop on one of the guys. They rolled to the bottom and were promptly ejected by security. One of the most surreal things I've ever seen.
      LMAO i think we gonna need that pic for this one bro!

Comment

OMG I cant stop laughing

Comment

Edit: Pic of said wheelie bin

See that is what makes life soo fun, you never get to old to get amazed

Comment

I was at an Amir Khan fight and this ***** kept talking boxing. Real East end type lady, the 'coc kney' accent for anyone who isn't from England. She kept talking about boxing to this guy and most of her facts were wrong. I wanted to turn around and correct her.

Also I saw brawls over people getting in the way of others in between fights. They were looking at the commentators from just beyond ring side and I thought WTF seeing them aint worth fighting for.

Comment

Fred Evans vs Mytrovanov. Fred Evans headbutted the Ukranian guy so this Ukranian guy tried to throw a chair into the ring to hit Fred Evans but it landed nowhere near. It was just like wtf all around because the headbutt was a surprise even though Evans was getting battered and I couldn't really imagine someone throwing a chair into the ring

Comment

Another Mexican beer pouring story. At Pacquiao-Margarito in Dallas, a group of drunk Mexicans were bullying all of the Filipino fans in my section. The Pinoys weren't bothering anyone and were posing in group pictures with each other while the Mexican fans were yelling '**** Manny and **** the Philippines' and 'Viva Mexico!'. The ultimate disrespect was when they tossed a **** ton of beer onto their huge Filipino flag. Unfortunately the Pinoys were too intimidated to do anything about it.

I was rooting for Margarito, but I'm glad he got ****ed up in front of those ridiculous fans.

Comment

Around three years ago I went to a live boxing event and one of the boxers came out dressed as a christmas father . He even had a white fake beard.

In another show, one of the "boxers" was fighting like he's in a street fight, even tried to punch the opponent when the opponent was down from wild punches and sh**. Some of the friends and family of the other boxer were angry and a bit drunk and started throwing alcohol and chairs at the dirty fighter, and a riot erupted. The show had to be cancelled.

Another dumb thing I saw at another show, this time an amateur bout. one of the boxers was trying to wear the headguard the other way round (The front at the back and the back at the front) haha. You can imagine everyone laughing.

Comment

There was a Guy in AC at the Peterson Matthysse fight who was screaming about the Canadian fighter and how all his ginger ale gives him an Iron stomach. It was pretty funny lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                      LOL I was at Mayweather vs Ortiz at MGM and we got the jumbotron showing us Canelo-Gomez. Nothing crazy like that went down at MGM but I remember thinking things were probably gonna get ugly if the crowd who betted on ortiz were pissed enough to throw crap at Floyd but I believe thats fight where Floyd got pissed at Larry and said HBO should fire you right? And he stormed out before fans could really react to the sucker punch.
                      Man, I can't even imagine the hell that broke loose when Floyd KO'd Ortiz. What was that like?

Anyone else here going to Garcia/Lopez?

Comment

Working...
                      X