Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumbest Thing You Saw Live At The Fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Northern Ireland, where people love to get drunk and fight over their religious beliefs, so if I ever go to a show and there isn't at least one fight in the crowd then it's surprising. I don't think I've ever been to the fights and there hasn't been punches thrown and some other kind of animosity shown between members of the crowd.

One thing that was particularly strange, though, was at the Frampton-Martinez fight a few months ago, there was this guy who was presumably in his 50s who turned up half way through the undercard full drunk. The whole night he never shut his mouth, from arguing with the people he was with (who were a lot more sober than he has), to shouting about poor decisions, even at one stage getting into an argument with former world champion Bernard Dunne who was working as a pundit for Sky Sports that night. He finally got ejected from the arena when he jumped over a barrier in an attempt to storm the ring after Andy Lee won a decision over Anthony Fitzgerald (he was a Fitzgerald fan).

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
      I live in Northern Ireland, where people love to get drunk and fight over their religious beliefs, so if I ever go to a show and there isn't at least one fight in the crowd then it's surprising. I don't think I've ever been to the fights and there hasn't been punches thrown and some other kind of animosity shown between members of the crowd.

One thing that was particularly strange, though, was at the Frampton-Martinez fight a few months ago, there was this guy who was presumably in his 50s who turned up half way through the undercard full drunk. The whole night he never shut his mouth, from arguing with the people he was with (who were a lot more sober than he has), to shouting about poor decisions, even at one stage getting into an argument with former world champion Bernard Dunne who was working as a pundit for Sky Sports that night. He finally got ejected from the arena when he jumped over a barrier in an attempt to storm the ring after Andy Lee won a decision over Anthony Fitzgerald (he was a Fitzgerald fan).
      i wonder if the older guys like this think they'll get a FREE PASS and no one will clock them since they older? I notice lot of loud mouth trouble makers at the fights are like 50's and older thinking since they old no one will pop them in the mouth?

Comment

Working...
      X