Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this supposed to be the guy to beat Lucas Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
    Garcia almost ko'd? Garcia didn't go down in that fight, nor was he overly hurt. He got stunned once in the late rounds and held.

Lets talk about the way Garcia had Judah hurt and nearly out. We have't seen Judah that wobbly legged since Tsyzu.

Why couldn't Matthyse do the same? How did Matthyse lose to Devon "can't break an egg" Alexander?

I would put money on Garcia Ko'ing Alexander.

I'm not saying Matthyse is weak, but he is being severely overrated by many.

I think Garcia will knock him out.
    Really? Would you really? I mean, Garcia isn't as bad as people make him out to be.. Although I do think Matthysse finishes him in the early to mid rounds. But, we all know he's not touching Alexander. He's faster, throws more than Danny when he's on his counter punching mode.. Would force Danny to look for him and I can just see Alexander counter punching and smothering him all night.. Only chance is Danny landing that left (which does have power, also the only chance I see him hurting Lucas), but let's be real.. Alexander going to avoid that like the plague. I see Alexander winning via a very boring wide UD. I would bet money on that.

Comment

On paper he can and shouldn't beat Matthyse but that's on paper, Garcia has improved a lot IMO, it's easy to dig out a fight that he had a few years ago and point to all his negatives, the same way people point to Matthyse fights with Judah and Alexander. The thing is both fighters have improve a lot and more experienced than 2 years or 18 months ago. Which makes this fight even more intriguing.

Comment

Ill be here in this thread when Danny beats this guy. "Lucas got cought with a lucky punch" is what im looking foward to.

Comment

Ha ha! Funny stuff from morales. Then came the rematch and he got ktfo. Highlight reel type of ko. That was funny too. Wouldn't ya agree???

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

Just look how bad Morales looks in there but he's still tagging this dude all night long. He's so damn flat footed. His punching technique is horrible and there's nothing swift about him either. In the 10th and 11th you can see how Morales hurts him and he clinches and goes into exchange mode, big no no.

Do I need to point out his defense too?
            I wrote a similar post about Garcia going into the Khan fight

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=557220

I got proved wrong. This fight is not going the distance. Garcia is very good in the exchanges. His strength is getting the better of the exchanges while punching with his opponent. If Garcia can land his trade mark left hook in the exchanges it could be over.
            Last edited by Isaac Hunt; 06-12-2013, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Knockouts back baby!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy-101 View Post
                Knockouts back baby!!

I'm done..

Comment

There is a 98% chance that Lucas knock his ass out in brutal fassion, and you can be damm sure danny knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                    There is a 98% chance that Lucas knock his ass out in brutal fassion, and you can be damm sure danny knows it.
                    It is a 60 40 fight at best with an 85% chance of a KO. Both hit heavy,both can take a shot,there is no real evidence that either is fragile.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      On paper he can and shouldn't beat Matthyse but that's on paper, Garcia has improved a lot IMO, it's easy to dig out a fight that he had a few years ago and point to all his negatives, the same way people point to Matthyse fights with Judah and Alexander. The thing is both fighters have improve a lot and more experienced than 2 years or 18 months ago. Which makes this fight even more intriguing.
                      That is how I see it. it is a dangerous fight for both fighters. Garcia has more to lose than Matthysse and Matthysse gains more by winning.

Comment

Working...
                      X