Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The whole "We would rather die in the ring" is such a lie..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
    Well it seems to be heard the most from Mexican fighters, it may just be a part of their mental state and preparations. It is hard to say who will and who will not die in the ring. I mean technically someone who has never quit can say that right? I mean there are some people who I feel meant it in the truest sense of the word and you can tell by their actions...Gatti, Corrales, Bradley, Duk Koo Kim (who did die in the ring basically), Israel Vasquez, the list goes on and on. I have to call it like I see it and Angulo plain old quit, regardless of how bad the injury was. Hopkins fought one handed with a dislocated shoulder, Vitali wanted to fight on with his eyebrow ripped off basically, many fight through horrible or gruesome injuries. Angulo's injury was bad do not get me wrong, it looked monstrous but either way, he quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
      I mean Cmon now...If maybe the motto was reserved for say The Africans or an ethnic group who never quit....then Maybe and I say MAYBE then it would a worthy description.

But cmon guys..It just isnt a fitting badge for some people.

So lets stop using this line please.

Oh and this isnt an ethnic battle or race war....The truth is the truth through anyones eyes.
      Oh look at the troll!!! Everyone this guy is obviously just looking for attention by race baiting ignore this thread please!!!

Comment

Nowdays we overuse terms like champion,atg,heart etc but I do believe that there are fighters who won't give up even if their life is at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
          Well it seems to be heard the most from Mexican fighters, it may just be a part of their mental state and preparations. It is hard to say who will and who will not die in the ring. I mean technically someone who has never quit can say that right? I mean there are some people who I feel meant it in the truest sense of the word and you can tell by their actions...Gatti, Corrales, Bradley, Duk Koo Kim (who did die in the ring basically), Israel Vasquez, the list goes on and on. I have to call it like I see it and Angulo plain old quit, regardless of how bad the injury was. Hopkins fought one handed with a dislocated shoulder, Vitali wanted to fight on with his eyebrow ripped off basically, many fight through horrible or gruesome injuries. Angulo's injury was bad do not get me wrong, it looked monstrous but either way, he quit.
          Gatti was another. I think the fact Mexicans likes to claim this title is what the issue is. Just saying.....if we were keeping count we know who has the most quitters. Its the group yelling the loudest, "We guill die in de reang!!!"..lol

Comment

This subject has always been a pet peeve of mine when it comes to boxing fans in general who of course have never sacrificed or put their body thru hell like a championship level boxer does on a fight to fight basis.

Alfredo Angulo suffered an eye injury. It was documented by the onsite physician who stated live on Camera that he had a fracture near his eyelid. Now you don't have to be Doctor to realize how bad he could of hurt himself had he continued fighting. This is a sport not a Roman Gladitorial arena where slaves were forced to fight each other to the death over 2000 years ago. There is no insentive for Angulo to fight on with an injury like that. Lara landed a perfect punch and fractured Angulo's skull which in my eyes is just as bad as knocking angulo out. The fighters safety comes first before any fan's entertaininment. So allow me to say that everyone calling Angulo a quitter is a fuking idiot who should be castrated so their stupidity cannot be alowed to infect the rest of humanity. you sit on a couch and watch boxing while stuffing your face so who are you to judge any boxer who has 10 times the Pain thresh hold of any normal man. Most people here get the sniffles and call in to work but Alfredo Angulo fractures his skull and he's expected to continue fighting with a trained killer who could blind him. Ha you people can go fuk yourselves!!!

Comment

when i think mexican fighters i think never give up. a few have done recently but that doesn't mean you can blame every mexican

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                Oh look at the troll!!! Everyone this guy is obviously just looking for attention by race baiting ignore this thread please!!!
                Oh and this isnt an ethnic battle or race war....The truth is the truth through anyones eyes.-quote from opening thread. Hello?
                Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                Gatti was another. I think the fact Mexicans likes to claim this title is what the issue is. Just saying.....if we were keeping count we know who has the most quitters. Its the group yelling the loudest, "We guill die in de reang!!!"..lol
                THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

This subject has always been a pet peeve of mine when it comes to boxing fans in general who of course have never sacrificed or put their body thru hell like a championship level boxer does on a fight to fight basis.

Alfredo Angulo suffered an eye injury. It was documented by the onsite physician who stated live on Camera that he had a fracture near his eyelid. Now you don't have to be Doctor to realize how bad he could of hurt himself had he continued fighting. This is a sport not a Roman Gladitorial arena where slaves were forced to fight each other to the death over 2000 years ago. There is no insentive for Angulo to fight on with an injury like that. Lara landed a perfect punch and fractured Angulo's skull which in my eyes is just as bad as knocking angulo out. The fighters safety comes first before any fan's entertaininment. So allow me to say that everyone calling Angulo a quitter is a fuking idiot who should be castrated so their stupidity cannot be alowed to infect the rest of humanity. you sit on a couch and watch boxing while stuffing your face so who are you to judge any boxer who has 10 times the Pain thresh hold of any normal man. Most people here get the sniffles and call in to work but Alfredo Angulo fractures his skull and he's expected to continue fighting with a trained killer who could blind him. Ha you people can go fuk yourselves!!!
                Very Eloquent but the fact that he quit doesnt really matter. It was the reasonable thing to do. I myself may have done the same BUTTTTTT the point is DONT GO AROUND PARADING LIKE THE GAY PARADE LOUD AND PROUD THAT YOU ARE A WARRIOR WHO DONT QUIT BECAUSE YOUR MEXICAN THEN QUIT LIKE A BIATCH!! because then you look like an ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post

Very Eloquent but the fact that he quit doesnt really matter. It was the reasonable thing to do. I myself may have done the same BUTTTTTT the point is DONT GO AROUND PARADING LIKE THE GAY PARADE LOUD AND PROUD THAT YOU ARE A WARRIOR WHO DONT QUIT BECAUSE YOUR MEXICAN THEN QUIT LIKE A BIATCH!! because then you look like an ASS.
                  Oh Robert Garcia and a dozen braindead Mexican Boxing fans said that! Big deal! Your response is to be just as ignorant? That's a good one!

Did Angulo ever say any such thing? No!!!

Comment

Oh Robert Garcia and a dozen braindead Mexican Boxing fans said that! Big deal! Your response is to be just as ignorant? That's a good one!

Did Angulo ever say any such thing? No!!!
                    The thread is obviously directed to the Mexican boxing fans who yell and preach the "Die in the ring" mentality and are so PROUD of it. No where do I state this is directed to a country.

If there is only a dozen ..Why are you defending 12 people? So relax your debating skills because you brought a shot gun to a sniper contest and missed REALLY badly.

Comment

like it or not this sport kind of expects that from you

not so much the death thing but will to never quit no matter what is happening to you

now u can say that is brutal but the greats of any era are always measured against those that came before them and the sport is too stacked with unbelievable displays of heart that regardless of the modern age and safety concerns being at all time high - we STILL expect our champions to have that same unwavering will - it inspires us and touches even the most casual of fans. These days we step in more and decide that fighter cant continue and maybe we've prevented guys from coming back and turning the fight around but these days people only get few chances to look hurt in a fight before we end it - and we know that helps to save their life.

This is the harsh truth of the sport we love - we don't like to see anyone quit

Comment

Working...
                      X