Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josesito Not Happy: Maidana Stoppage Was Premature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yah i thought it was a bit early, but maidana was just teeing off on hi with flush right hands..he should have tried and clinched or something ...

Comment

Was anyone else yelling at the tv for Lopez to step on the gas and finish maidana when he had him hurt? Lopez lacked the killer instinct imo. As for the stoppage, I'm ok with it.

Comment

Originally posted by StarPower View Post
        What are you talking about it was an even fight. Lopez was in trouble but he wasnt finished. Whats done is done but with all the swings in that fight I would be a little upset too.
        Josesito was doing good until the last rd and a half of the fight. I would have wanted more too. Refs are only looking out for the fighters health but u can't be quick to jump the gun. Tough call I guess but I agree with lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by Meanrighthook29 View Post
          Was anyone else yelling at the tv for Lopez to step on the gas and finish maidana when he had him hurt? Lopez lacked the killer instinct imo. As for the stoppage, I'm ok with it.
          I thought Lopez should have did more to try and get Maidana out of there but he was already exerting himself with that little rally he did make it seemed more like a last hurrah to me, he had taken a lot of body shots early in the fight and he probably bought himself a few rounds more by not trying to finish off Maidana because I don't think he has the power to do that anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            yah i thought it was a bit early, but maidana was just teeing off on hi with flush right hands..he should have tried and clinched or something ...
            so you say lopez should have clinch.but criticize devon alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
              Josesito was doing good until the last rd and a half of the fight. I would have wanted more too. Refs are only looking out for the fighters health but u can't be quick to jump the gun. Tough call I guess but I agree with lopez.
              lol Who do you people think Lopez is? De La Hoya or someone? Kid was losing against Ortiz before he got lucky, got demolished by Canelo, and never did have the power to keep a guy like Maidana off of him for 12 rds. It was a great call..

Comment

He put himself in a position where the ref had to make the call. It's his own fault.

Comment

plain and simple, that was a bs stoppage. he got hit with like 3 unanswered blows. this is what these cotdamn dudes do for a living and you have an idiot in there LITERALLY taking away their lively hood. imagine if erik morales was stopped prematurely in his fights where he lulled and the same for MAB? discretion is paramount in this game, when everyone is smarter about the situation it all goes better. ref should have known that lopez is a warrior that can be put into bad spots the same as maidana.

fukn people act like a guy can't get beat up anymore - it's a FIGHT!

bs stoppage.

Comment

Lopez should have taken a knee. I knew the damn ref was gonna stop it and he should have known too. I was yelling "take a ****in knee you idiot or hes gonna stop the fight" and boom its all over

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      plain and simple, that was a bs stoppage. he got hit with like 3 unanswered blows. this is what these cotdamn dudes do for a living and you have an idiot in there LITERALLY taking away their lively hood. imagine if erik morales was stopped prematurely in his fights where he lulled and the same for MAB? discretion is paramount in this game, when everyone is smarter about the situation it all goes better. ref should have known that lopez is a warrior that can be put into bad spots the same as maidana.

fukn people act like a guy can't get beat up anymore - it's a FIGHT!

bs stoppage.
                      Lopez had just taken a flush temple shot. From effin Maidana. Stick a fork in him he was done. He was finna really get hurt in there. Good stoppage. These refs know Maidana will decapitate a ma****a and are up on game so props to them on that. We didn't want either Karass or Lopez eatin their soup through a straw!

Comment

Working...
                      X