No announcement yet.

Gamboa admits to using substances from Miami lab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
    It's not news cause Gamboa's career is going no where. He has to fight at 140 to make some noise in the boxing world.

I also thought it was funny he mentioned 50 didn't know the boxing business....he needs to.move up to 140 and fight names...he's not gonna get any better anyways
    whats wrong you people wanting this man to move up to 140 smh .... he is a lil dude 5'5 been hurt by 126 pounders ... gamboa biggest mistake was not staying at 126 or atleast 130! jesus juanma lopez was beaten down twice by salido and is still making 126 for mickey garcia! lopez between fights bloats up like crazy.. gamboa had a chance to be one of the best 126 or 130 pounders reason being is now had chance to stack up his resume with the likes of donaire mickey garcia ..lopez before bob arum didnt ''marinate'' so much .... maybe even abner mares or gary russell if sms promotion could make a deal he had chance but nooooo dude moves up to 135! where he isnt the same ... that was the worst career move

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Can you explain this a little? This fight didn't even occur to anyone until we saw callouts from Team Gamboa to Rios. And then what was the contract issue? He was getting $1m+ for the Rios fight. He thought he had better options?
      Gamboa had 2 promoters consisting of Oner and Top Rank and 1-2 manager(s) (one of them being Oner (which is illegal in the US, but legal in Germany or wherever the agreements took place)). The standard fee for 1 of these promoters is around 30%, the co-promotional arrangement had to have been from a substantial amount of Gamboa's purse. The standard managerial fee is 15%, the plural is in parenthesis because in addition to his promoter/manager, Gamboa hired a lawyer to get him out of the contracts. Oner helped Gamboa defect so he had to agree to certain contracts before he even defected from Cuba.

As you can see, a $1M purse after taxes, promotional, managerial, and training fees (usually 10% for an established trainer seemingly answering my question as to why Gamboa hired his father to be his trainer) comes out to less than $400,000, even looking at a conservative estimate.

The "Team Gamboa" article was Oner himself when he thought he was still a part of it, but Gamboa had already started taking action (this is the around the time Gamboa started training at the Mayweather gym... Las Vegas based Top Rank knows when one of their fighters is training at that gym or hanging around Mayweather (see Omar Henry)).

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
        Gamboa had 2 promoters consisting of Oner and Top Rank and 1-2 manager(s) (one of them being Oner (which is illegal in the US, but legal in Germany or wherever the agreements took place)). The standard fee for 1 of these promoters is around 30%, the co-promotional arrangement had to have been from a substantial amount of Gamboa's purse. The standard managerial fee is 15%, the plural is in parenthesis because in addition to his promoter/manager, Gamboa hired a lawyer to get him out of the contracts. Oner helped Gamboa defect so he had to agree to certain contracts before he even defected from Cuba.

As you can see, a $1M purse after taxes, promotional, managerial, and training fees (usually 10% for an established trainer seemingly answering my question as to why Gamboa hired his father to be his trainer) comes out to less than $400,000, even looking at a conservative estimate.

The "Team Gamboa" article was Oner himself when he thought he was still a part of it, but Gamboa had already started taking action (this is the around the time Gamboa started training at the Mayweather gym... Las Vegas based Top Rank knows when one of their fighters is training at that gym or hanging around Mayweather (see Omar Henry)).
        So why was he repping team Oner at Aydin Karass? It makes no sense, if he went to court to get rid of this guy, he shouldn't want to see him again.

I thought I saw callouts also DeCubas, but I may be wrong and this was all Oner. It wouldn't be shocking, he'll throw his guys to the wolves. But Gamboa should not have let it go that far.

Comment

Working...
        X