Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa admits to using substances from Miami lab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very popular for cheats to simply ask for "something that will make them better" and remain completely ignorant of what exactly they were taking. That way they didn't "knowingly cheat"

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      planet of the apes, charles heston

I've seen that movie at least twice in my lifetime, and that particular clip has never stuck out.

Weird.

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      If you go to google images and click the camera icon in the search bar, you can just paste the image url and it will almost certainly tell you the source. Knowledge is power.

You've tickled my fancy. Tell me more about this google.

Comment

Gamboa ruined his career by listening to terrible advice.

1 - Losing the public relations battle against Top Rank due to the Rios debacle. Top Rank knew Gamboa wasn't going to go through with that fight because of the discontent of his contractual situation, but they insisted and successfully made Gamboa look terrible to HBO and the fans.

2 - Signing to SMS (formerly TMT). The first objective of 50's master plan was to alienate himself and his fighters throughout the boxing industry by being at the center of the Gamboa-Top Rank situation, insulting Oscar De La Hoya, and trying to break Al Haymon's prized relationship with Mayweather.

This Biogenesis situation and his father as his trainer (which I don't know if it's an issue or not because I don't know his training methods) are just more examples of him listening to terrible advice.

His being on SMS will reduce him to a point where he's going to have to wait until 50 receives dates from HBO or Showtime (if he can get one in spite of HBO and Showtime's close relationships with the promoters he insulted). Last night was a Gary Shaw HBO date, where Gamboa had to face a Gary Shaw prospect to be on the show. Unless 50 can get a date, he's going to have to continue to wait on promoters and hope they want him to face their fighter (wait until Top Rank gives him a shot against Vazquez or Gary Shaw and Demarco or even Matchroom gives him Burns); a shot that he won't get unless they think their fighter's going to win (last night was bad enough that they might take the chance).

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
          You've tickled my fancy. Tell me more about this google.
          Go to google and google google and you'll find out all you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Very popular for cheats to simply ask for "something that will make them better" and remain completely ignorant of what exactly they were taking. That way they didn't "knowingly cheat"
            Shane Mosley didn't know either. He knew he had to be extremely secretive and could never tell anyone about it but he never know it was cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
              Top Rank knew Gamboa wasn't going to go through with that fight because of the discontent of his contractual situation, but they insisted and successfully made Gamboa look terrible to HBO and the fans.
              Can you explain this a little? This fight didn't even occur to anyone until we saw callouts from Team Gamboa to Rios. And then what was the contract issue? He was getting $1m+ for the Rios fight. He thought he had better options?

Comment

He could have used a hot pop of B12 a day before the bout and a few pounds of sugar in between rounds cause he sure is a BORE!

Comment

Broner called it

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Can you explain this a little? This fight didn't even occur to anyone until we saw callouts from Team Gamboa to Rios. And then what was the contract issue? He was getting $1m+ for the Rios fight. He thought he had better options?
                    The contract issue wasn't for that fight itself (a fight he never actually signed for btw - Top Rank jumped the gun with the pressers, I feel to try and force his hand).

He was having issues with Top Rank and Oner and wanted free from those, he chose to try that path...hasn't worked out too brilliantly career wise, but no Oner is certainly a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      The contract issue wasn't for that fight itself (a fight he never actually signed for btw - Top Rank jumped the gun with the pressers, I feel to try and force his hand).

He was having issues with Top Rank and Oner and wanted free from those, he chose to try that path...hasn't worked out too brilliantly career wise, but no Oner is certainly a bonus.
                      Getting rid of Oner would almost make it worthwhile, but then I saw him repping Team Oner at Aydin Karass which made no sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X