Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson losing 7lbs had NOTHING to to with his KO loss. [GIF available]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing 7lbs is not a excuses for Dawson by any stretch and it is not to take anything away from Stevenson , but going down to fight Ward in the prime of your career when your sitting at the Top of the 175 Division because your desperate for a bigger payday....WAS STUPID! And I do think when you *** with your weight like that, it does have a lasting effect...especially when your Closer to 30 years old. I do think it can throw things off a bit as far as stamina, punch resistence and stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Losing 7lbs is not a excuses for Dawson by any stretch and it is not to take anything away from Stevenson , but going down to fight Ward in the prime of your career when your sitting at the Top of the 175 Division because your desperate for a bigger payday....WAS STUPID! And I do think when you *** with your weight like that, it does have a lasting effect...especially when your Closer to 30 years old. I do think it can throw things off a bit as far as stamina, punch resistence and stuff like that.
      Yep fluctuating in weight can fu*k your career up. It's not good to go up and down in weight. Remember what happend to roy. He's damaged goods now.

Comment

I believe it's a combination of several factors plus you throw age in the mix and that all adds up to Dawson's diminish.

Comment

I think what could help Dawson at this point is to add a bit more muscle and fight as a cruiser weight. If he was to fight at 185 he can probably still be faster than the average cruiser weight. It would be important to take it slow and test the waters. Don't go straight to a Guillermo Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
            Yep fluctuating in weight can fu*k your career up. It's not good to go up and down in weight. Remember what happend to roy. He's damaged goods now.
            RJJ had a more dramatic weight gain though. He jumped to HW and then went back down to LHW for Tarver. Another example, Tarver went up to 218 for the Rocky movie, and then went back to LHW to fight B-Hop.

It's not like Dawson was ever known for his iron chin/punch resistance anyway. Dawson has been stunned numerous times before, and Stevenson IS a puncher. It's also possible that he wasn't warmed up yet and got caught cold.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
              Was adamek at the time considered as big a puncher as stevenson is?
              An even bigger puncher than Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                RJJ had a more dramatic weight gain though. He jumped to HW and then went back down to LHW for Tarver. Another example, Tarver went up to 218 for the Rocky movie, and then went back to LHW to fight B-Hop.
                Going up in weight for a movie is not the same as going up in weight for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Going up in weight for a movie is not the same as going up in weight for a fight.
                  The Rocky-movies are real dude...WTF are you talking about?

Comment

Maybe a too relaxed Dawson simply got caught by a determined, big puncher and the ref felt he couldn't continue to properly protect himself?

Anyone consider that?

Comment

The Ward fight had everything to do with it. Dawson's chin has never been bad, and Stevenson isn't THAT hard a puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X